Chapter 34

Smackdown 1/13/23

Just like RAW was a long night of constant segments for me Smackdown was shaping up to be the same way. I was just glad that after this show we were picking Roman up from the airport. We were in Green Bay, Wisconsin we'd been slowing making our way north since leaving my house in Florida and you can definitely tell. The high for the day was twenty-seven degrees. It was cold when I woke up Friday, missing Roman next to me was very noticeable without the extra heat he gave off. The Bloodline and I have kept busy over this past week doing three house shows, I've had two matches, and we made our statement on RAW. Now tonight I was making another statement, it'd be my first televised full match since beating Ronda for the title. The morning and afternoon were peaceful, everything routine as can be, at least I tried to make it that way so my brain wasn't to occupied with the tasks at hand.

Just before showtime as the brothers and I hung out in the locker room my peace was interrupted by a knock on the door.

"I'll get it," I said. Opening the door, I found Sami appearing at me from the other side. I stepped out into the hallway.

"Can I help you?"

"Hey Briar I just wanted to come talk strategy with the guys for my match against KO tonight."

"I'm the only one here tonight, everyone else is busy," I told him.

"I'm confused I talked to Solo and the Usos earlier and I thought..."

"The Tribal Chief has them taking care of other business. The Tribal Chief wants you to do this alone because what kind of respect would he be showing you if it looked like he was doubting you," I explained and Sami looked upset at first then he nodded his head in understanding.

"He's right, tell the Tribal Chief he made the right call and I'll handle this problem on my own, tonight," he told me.

"Well great, now that you've had a pep talk, I've also got a match to get ready for," I said turning to go back to the locker room.

"Right, don't worry, you'll do great," he said as I shut the door in his face.

"Who was there Little Uce?" Jey asked.

"Sami," I told them.

"You didn't let him in?" Jimmy questioned.

"No, I need to focus and him in here would just not be helpful," I said and went back to my planning, not letting them have a chance to question me. Before the ending of the next match, I made my way to the interview area. Once the match was over, I was up with Kayla Braxton.

"With me now is the Smackdown Women's Champion Briar Wild," she said and the camera panned over to me as I stepped into frame. I could hear the roar of the crowd.

"Briar tonight you'll have your first match since War Games against Sonya Deville how are you feeling going in?"

"Kayla I've never felt more ready or focused. Tonight, I remind the WWE universe why I have this title. And Sonya you have a big mouth and I'm going to put you back in your place at the back of the line, permanently."

"I can imagine your opponent at the Royal Rumble, Charlotte Flair will be watching very closely," Kayla commented.

"I'm glad you brought that up, because I in fact have a special invitation for the queen herself," I said. I reached for the mic from Kayla. "Do you mind," I said taking it and she stepped back and the camera was just on me.

"Charlotte, there will be no need for you to come running in and jumping me from behind like you did a few weeks ago because this is an invite for you to come sit ringside for my match. I want you to have a front row seat to see and get a small taste of what your future is going to look like at the Royal Rumble. If you just happen to get in the way I can't be held responsible for what The Wild One might do," I sneered and handed the mic back to Kayla with a sarcastic smile before walking away. Solo had been standing just behind the camera guy and he followed me back to the locker room. I knew what I had to say about being focused and ready but I didn't really feel it, I felt so all over the place.