Chapter 71

Smackdown 3/24/23

The Most Satisfying

2pm on Friday we all left the bus together to head for the locker room for Smackdown. Roman and I did end up having a serious talk about everything. I agreed no matter what I planned to do; I'd tell Roman, even if I thought he wouldn't agree with the idea. He agreed he wouldn't shut me down instantly. He understands this is my job to and I'm just trying to do what's best for my career and for The Bloodline. I told him I know my ideas can be extreme and off the wall but isn't that the point of The Bloodline to do something different that hasn't been done before. He pondering my words a long time after that. Now Roman was the first off the bus, even though he wasn't making an appearance on the show tonight. My hand was firmly in his as I got off. Once Paul got off behind me Roman had him lead us to our locker room.

The only time I left the locker room was for hair and makeup. Jules, Deb, and I discussed next week, WrestleMania week, and our plans together and our schedules then once I was done there, I returned back to the locker room. Even merchandise brought the final design of my new T-shirt idea to the locker room for me to see. I got the samples last week and had them approved. They had been in production since Monday and would be ready for sale this coming Tuesday, so I was thrilled to see my goal of having it available by WrestleMania had happened.

"Well, we going to see it?" Jimmy asked. Solo was the only one who'd seen the design since he was in the merch room with me that day, I showed it to the team but he hasn't seen the final look. Everyone else just knows I'd been working on one but hadn't seen it yet. I unfolded the shirt and laid it out on the table in front of everyone. The shirt was a dark burgundy color. The front was my drawing of the bed of red roses with the black tips and the stems twisted around them like barbed wire. The wire twisted up around the top of the roses and words in it said whatever it takes. The black tips of the roses were reflective when angled toward the light.

"That's really sick, Little Uce," Jey said.

"Awesome, your designs get better and better each time," Jimmy added. I grabbed at the shirt and flipped it over. Up by the collar it said Briar Wild and then all the way down the back it said 'lay the roses down' the letters in the same rose stem that looked like barbed wire twisting down the shirt. As everyone talked at once about it and how much they liked it I looked to Roman for his reaction.

"It's good, but the roses?"

"Your still confused?" I asked.

"Yes," he said and I smirked.

"You shouldn't be but like I told you I'd tell you before my match at Mania if you didn't figure it out before then."

"You're really not going to tell me?" he asked.

"Nope," I said and he let it go for now but clearly was frustrated about it as he stared at the shirt. I was hoping the image on the front of it would help him understand.

The show started with tension in our room as Cody was the first one to come out tonight. He had a match against Ludwig Kaiser. A few minutes into the match I stood up and looked behind the couch to a pacing Solo then Paul.

"It's that time," Paul said. Roman stood before I went to leave with them. I had my segment right after Cody's and I was going down to gorilla with Paul and Solo as they were about to be involved in Cody's match.

"No other plans, ideas, or urges?" Roman asked me.

"Nope going as planned, it's a good plan," I told him. Once Solo, Paul, and I got to gorilla I stayed back to watch on the monitor as Solo and Paul went right out into the arena during Cody's match. They marched down to the ring to the confusion of Cody. They stood in front of the announcer's table and watched on. A few minutes later Cody won the match to no surprise. Paul grabbed a mic and went for the stairs to the ring as Solo jumped up on the apron. Cody on alert incase he has to fight again. Paul and Solo stood on the apron and Paul put in an arm in front of Solo making sure he wouldn't try to get into the ring.