Chapter 29

The end of 2022

To calm myself before the others came back, I pulled my necklace out from my hoodie and clutched it in my grip. I took a few deep breaths embracing the silence. I opened my eyes again when I could hear the shouting coming down the hallway. I braced myself as the door flew open. Roman came storming in with Paul on his heels and Solo.

"You don't dare let him in here, if he knows what's good for him right now, he'll stay away!" Roman shouted.

"Yes, Tribal Chief," Solo said and went back outside the door.

"Wiseman, tell Rick to be ready to go we are leaving the second I'm changed."

"Yes, my Tribal Chief," Paul said laying the titles over the chair and leaving. Roman kicked the closed door. I could see his anger in the clenched muscles of his back, I could feel his anger flowing off him in waves. I kept my expression as indifferent; I wasn't going to give him a pity look or an I told you look. He finally turned around and looked in my direction and I stared back. We didn't speak but he crossed the room. Standing in front of me it was like he didn't know what to say but honestly, he didn't have to. To show him no words were needed I reached up and put my palm flat on his sweaty chest over his heart. It was beating fast but I felt it calm down when my flesh met his. I could hear the Usos coming down the hallway and then Sami's voice. I narrowed my eyes toward the door. Roman's hand came to my chin and turned me back toward him. I quickly changed my expression but he understood how I felt. I took my hand off his chest and he bent down to his suitcase next to me. His hand landed on my knee while he pulled out his clothes. The Usos, Sami, and Solo were still out there talking but I couldn't make out what was being said. With his clothes in his hand Roman stood back up, he ran his hand down my cheek. The anger still coursing through him was clearly plastered on his face.

"We'll leave when I come out," he said.

"Okay Chief." He entered the bathroom the same time the three brothers came back into the room. Jey looked upset and Jimmy and Solo looked like me, stressed.

"You guys alright?" I asked.

"We good, how about you?" Jimmy responded.

"I'm fine," I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Did he say anything?" Jey asked anxiously.

"Not really, he just said he didn't want to see Sami right now, he had Paul go tell Rick to be ready and he just told me we'd leave when he came back out," I said. Jey looked down shaking his head. I jumped off the counter, set my title down on it and went to Jey. I reached down and grabbed his hand; he looked up to me.

"I'm always there for you, those in this room are always there for you no matter what," I told him. He nodded and pulled me into a hug. Roman came back out from the bathroom fifteen minutes later. In that time, I'd returned to sitting on the counter waiting patiently for him. I could tell he was much calmer now as he put his belongs in his bag and turned to the group.

"Bloodline, let's go," he instructed and I could hear the hint of annoyance in his voice still. I grabbed his arm to jump down from the counter and grabbed my bag throwing my title over my shoulder. The group was silent as we made our way through the arena to the bus parking lot. I watched Roman walk with his head held high like it was a no big deal loss, like it didn't happen. Getting on the bus, Roman stopped and turned to me in the lounge.

"I need some time to think," he said and grabbed the handle of my bag.

"Alright, Chief," I answered. He took my bag with him and went to our room. He shut the door behind him and I sighed sitting on the couch. Solo came and sat down next to me.