Chapter 24

Journey Home

The four of us came barreling into the locker room. Roman was already standing there pacing.

"Briar are you okay?" Roman asked concern laced in his voice as he took over for Solo and Jey helping me to the couch.

"I'm fine, it's not serious," I said sitting down. Jimmy handed me a bottle of water while Roman sat next to me. "I can't believe she hit me from behind, I thought she had more class than that. Maybe I should have expected it," I told them taking a drink of water. Roman reached out and touched the side of my face then looked over to Paul who was watching on.

"Wiseman," he said.

"Yes, my Tribal Chief," Paul said standing at attention.

"Please tell Rick to ready the bus, we'll be there in ten minutes, we'll be heading for the airport."

"Yes, my Tribal Chief," he responded again before darting out of the room. I looked up from taking another drink of water and everyone was watching me.

"What, I'm good. One little figure eight isn't putting me down, I've been through worse," I said.

"Don't you think you were haste in challenging Charlotte to a submission match?" Roman asked.

"He's right Little Uce, first you give her an opportunity at your title then you give her a match she thrives on," Jimmy pointed out.

"Have you ever used a submission hold in a match?" Jey questioned. It was like they were ganging up on me, like they didn't have faith in me and that lit a flame.

"You don't think I don't know all this. No, I don't have any submissions, yes, I gave Charlotte a match she would thrive in. But the thing is, I discovered I thrive better when the odds are against me, when no one thinks I'll have a chance. I like it that way, and it sounds like you guys don't believe in me," I stated sharply.

"Slow down Wildfire, we believe in you, we just don't want you to get in over your head," Roman assured. I stared at him.

"I'm not the one you need to worry about," I said and no one responded back, like no one wanted to address the elephant in the room.

"We should get going so you won't miss your flight," Roman said standing up and extending his hand out to me. I put my hand in his and got up, hiding the sting in my back.

Twenty minutes later we had arrived at the airport. I'd packed my bags earlier in the day and checked in for my flight before Smackdown started, so there wasn't much to do other than to say good-bye and get on the plane. I pulled my bags from the bedroom to the front of the bus where the guys stood waiting. They all looked like kicked puppies. I got to the twins first.

"Why you all looking like that?" I questioned.

"We haven't been apart this long since you joined us," Jimmy said.

"It's not like it'll be long, less then forty-eight hours and you'll all get to hang out at my house," I told them trying to lighten the mood because I was also sad about leaving them.

"Still too long Little Uce," Jey said and the hard exterior that Jey put on had disappeared and his emotions were on full display. I reached up to hug him and he grabbed me tightly pulling me to him.

"Alright, Uce my turn," Jimmy said trying to separate us. I pulled away and was in Jimmy's arms in a second.

"Try to go a few days without fighting with each other," I said to them when I pulled back from Jimmy.