Chapter 33

Briar in charge

                                                      Raw 1/9/2023

"You're in charge," Roman said to me as he finished packing his bag once we got back to the bus after Smackdown.

"Are you serious, you're putting me in charge of these guys?" I questioned as Roman zipped up his suitcase. He stood up, stared at me crossing his arms.

"You can't handle it?" he asked eyebrows raised.

"Oh, I can handle it, but are you sure you want me to?" I teased.

"I trust you; we went over what needs to be done," he said.

"Don't worry Chief I got this, I won't have a certain someone getting on my nerves, the air will be clean."

"Briar," Roman warned.

"Hey I didn't mention him I just alluded to the situation," I said referring to my growing irritation of Sami Zayn. I walked toward Roman. "The only thing I'm not happy about is you leaving again," I told him. Roman's eyes soften and he opened his arms and I walked right into his embrace.

"I know but I'll be back before you know it and I'll talk to you every day," he assured. We'd just finished Smackdown and the bus was on the move to the Memphis airport. Roman was going back home for a few days then had some press to do to promote the Royal Rumble. We'd pick him up from the airport after Smackdown next Friday.

"I'll miss you," I said.

"Miss you too, just remember if you have that necklace on, I'm always with you, if you feel yourself losing control. You have your first match on Friday since War Games keep up with your training."

"I will Chief and Don't worry about RAW, The Bloodline led by me instead of Sami will make a statement, the WWE universe won't soon forget and that's a spoiler."

"You know how I feel about calling your shots," Roman stated.

"I'm calling my shot, so no matter where you're at you better be watching," I said.

"I will be," he said as we felt the bus come to a stop. Roman and I separated, he took my hand and the handle on his suitcase and we left the bedroom. The twins, Solo, and Paul were waiting in the lounge. Paul was going with Roman, so it'd just be me and the brothers, Rick too, and occasionally Nicole.

"Safe travels Tribal Chief," the twins said. Solo nodding his head at him. Everyone said their goodbyes and Paul and Roman headed for the bus steps. Before Roman disappeared down them, he stopped and looked back at us.

"Bloodline, Briar is in charge till I get back," he stated then winked at me before leaving. The silence filled the air until the bus door whooshed closed.

"You heard him I'm in charge, don't cross me or you're in a world of hurt," I said then jumped onto Jimmy's back. Jey busted out laughing.

"You think you can handle us?" Jimmy questioned trying to get me off.

"Don't cross me or you're going down," I warned. While Jey laughed, I let go of Jimmy and jumped onto him attacking him to the ground. We goofed off as Rick got the bus rolling and we were off onto another adventure.

Monday morning, I woke up early, 5am with a feeling of determination. I was determined to show Roman what The Bloodline making a statement looks like, I was determined to show the WWE universe what Briar Wild can truly do. I was determined to erase my tainted RAW past and give everyone a different opinion of me. I got out of bed and dressed in workout clothes. I wrote a note and then quietly made my way passed the sleeping bodies of my brothers. I left the note on the table and quickly exited the bus. I didn't pass more than two people in the arena on my way to the gym. For the next forty minutes I got in some good cardio before my phone beeped. I stopped my work out and put a towel around my neck after wiping the sweat from my forehead. I took a drink from my water bottle as I looked at the message. It was Jey.