Chapter 76

WrestleMania 39 Night 1

Part 2

I slowly emerged out onto the stage between the tall standing goth like candlesticks, the stage is covered in candles and the fog. My silhouette being the only thing that the crowd could see of me. The fireflies have filled the stadium and I hoped Bray was seeing them. I stood at the base of the stage where it meets the ramp. I extend my arms straight out then slowly tilt my head back and rise my hands up bring the lights up with me and down from above comes red rose pedals. I had my eyes shut as I take in the roar of the crowd over my music. I finally bring my head back, open my eyes, and bring my arms down. With my roses in one hand, I grip both sides of skirt and begin the journey down the ramp. Rose pedals following behind me. I smirk at the crowd enjoy every minute of it, walking with total confidence and control. When I reach the end of the ramp I stop, I meet Rhea's eyes for the first time and smirk at her. I grab hold of the Velcro holding up the skirt and I rip it off. It falls to the ground and I walk to the side of the ring, where I could see Linda. She steps up to the barricade as I approach her. We hug and I hand her the roses telling her to hang onto them for me, in case I need them.

I backed away from Linda, my music still going as I jump onto the apron. I get onto the top turnbuckle and sit down on it facing away from the ring like I always do for my entrance. I undo the title around my waist and hold it up and the crowd roars. Then I leave that turnbuckle and do the same thing on the opposite side. I get down and remove my jacket and halo handing them to a crew member outside the ring. My music fades away and the anticipation and electricity fill the stadium as the lights dim a bit. Samantha Irvin makes the announcements.

"The following match is scheduled for one fall and it is for the SmackDown Women's Championship," she says as Rhea and I stand at opposite ends of the ring glaring at each other.

"Introducing first the challenger from Adelaide, Australia representing The Judgement Day Rhea Ripley!" Samantha introduces and Rhea gloats to the crowd and she got a great reaction, but I didn't react, I was so focused even I was scared about how focused I was.

"And her opponent she is the SmackDown Women's Champion, representing The Bloodline Briar Wild!" she announced and I got just as good reaction as Rhea did, this was going to be interesting. I didn't gloat or scream at the crowd. I just held the title up and stared at Rhea. I handed the title over to referee Jessika Carr; I watched her hold the title up for everyone to see then hand it over to a crew member. She rang the bell, the crowd roared and Rhea and I stepped up to each other. I was an inch or so shorter than her, but it didn't matter to me. We started trash talking each other then I dared her to touch me but she just chuckled.

"I knew you didn't have real guts, just a scared insecure girl hiding in the dark," I sneered. Rhea stopped chuckling and shoved me. The trash talking started again and she shoved me again this time I shoved back. She gave me another shove and this final battle was on. Rhea got the upper hand at least for a few minutes and then I would, and we kind of went back and forth that way. It was constantly neck and neck, until I went to bounce off the ropes and she scooped me up and rip tided me to the shock of everyone included me.

I give Rhea so much credit, she hits so hard and that knocked the air out of me, but it wasn't the first time I got hit like that and it wouldn't be the last. I couldn't let it end that way. Somehow, I heard Jessika yell the count of two and I kicked out, again to the shock of everyone, including me and Rhea. I had to thank Solo later for the accidently Samoan drop during training because that accident prepared me to handle taking a rip tide from Rhea Ripley and I didn't even realize that until this very moment. I laid curled up in the ring trying to catch my breath. My elbow was stinging from earlier when Rhea sent me into the steel steps. Rhea had a small cut above her eye from me sending her into the ring post. We'd been battling for at least twenty minutes; we were both exhausted and knew the end had to be near. Rhea dragged me out of the ring and over to the announcer's table. She pushes everything off the table and then lifted me onto it. She grabs my jaw and yells in my face the camera close so everyone can hear.