Chapter 60

Smackdown 3/3/23

Facing Fears Inside Yourself

"Hi Chief," I said as he appeared on the screen, I smiled at him making my way over to sit on the bed.

"Hi Wildfire, what are you up to?" he asked but I could see it wasn't the question he wanted to ask.

"The guys and I were just finishing breakfast," I said.

"You just get up your hairs wet," he commented.

"No, I've been up for a few hours now, Solo and I went to the gym," I explained.

"You went to the gym?" he asked and I saw that look.

"I did and before you say anything I spent most of the time stretching and I worked the punching bag a bit, had to get out some frustration," I casually said.

"Frustration, that wouldn't have anything to do with what Cody said to you on RAW?" he asked. I quickly looked away from the phone, telling myself to not go down that hole again, that I could talk about it.

"Brair," Roman said as I still didn't turn back because I was trying to talk myself out of my own the head. I mean I couldn't lie to myself Cody's words did something to me and I didn't know how to face it. "Briar look at me," Roman said again and I finally turned back to the screen.

"Chief I..."

"Don't tell me...Don't tell me your fine," he cut me off in anger.

"I wasn't, Chief I'm not fine about it.... I....," I was saying but I felt the tears near again and I was trying so hard to hold them in. "I.... just can't talk about it now, not without you here," I got the words out.

"His words mean nothing Briar, don't take it to heart, I'm going to make him pay," he said and I turned away again. I know Cody didn't mean to say something so hurtful, but I couldn't speak anymore of it to Roman right now without losing it.

"Chief, please, I don't want to talk about it," I said and I felt a tear escape and roll down my face.

"Wildfire," he said in a low caring voice. I faced him again and when he saw the tears on my face, I saw a look I'd never seen on him. "Damn it, Wildfire it's going to be okay, I promise I'm going to make it okay."

"I just want you to come home," I said wiping the tears away from my cheeks. We only talked for a few more minutes before hanging up. I just sat there silently letting the tears stream down. This was why I was trying to avoid talking to Roman until he got back because I knew I couldn't keep the tears back once it was brought back up. At this point I wanted to just hide from everything. I stood up from the end of the bed and moved around to my side and sat down on the floor leaning against the bed. The whole world wanted so many different things from me right now and I was falling apart when everything mattered most. I didn't know how long I'd been sitting there silently crying when a big shadow casted over me. It was Solo I never even heard the door. He kneeled beside me and when I looked up at him with tears in my eyes, he quickly pulled me to him and he let my silently cry against his chest until I fell asleep.

By Wednesday afternoon we were in the parking lot of the airport in Pittsburg waiting for Paul and Roman. I've spent the last day and a half just keeping myself busy. I occupied my time working out, confirming plans for upcoming shows, cleaning the bus making sure the place was ready for Roman's return all while avoiding the Cody thing. The brothers also to my relief didn't mention anything about it, just went on as business as usual.