Chapter 140: Cannon Fodder With Replaced Memory 22

The severe rejection caused by the replacement of limbs and organs by machines, in addition to possessing superhuman strength, there is only endless pain and a shorter lifespan than ordinary people.

He once saw with his own eyes a man with mechanical limbs in the arena. After his combat power was seriously weakened, he lost the fun of entertaining the nobles. He could only curl up in a corner, and the penis connected to the machine kept festering and rotting. The whole body trembled uncontrollably after he stopped breathing.

Like... a person who has already turned into a beast.

He had thought that would be his end, too.

But now, the success of this experiment has allowed him to see a new dawn.

He is no longer the "slave" who was used to provide pleasure for people and is worse than beasts. He can try his best to prolong his life, but the severe pain of rejection cannot be resolved.

Now, the experiment is successful, he doesn't need to rely on tranquilizers, instead... he can act like a truly normal person.

Except for limbs.

It is precisely because of this that Gu Xi only lay down on the test bench after listening to the basic operation of the experiment and the risks he might be exposed to by the researchers, and did not ask any other questions.

Soon, Gu Xi was anesthetized, and his consciousness fell into a void.

He had a dream.

He dreamed of the hellish days when he was a teenager, and he hadn't recalled those past events for a long time.

There, he was indoctrinated with the idea that only the weak can prey on the strong, and it is a luxury to maintain a person's dignity.

Those high-ranking nobles like to fight, like blood, and like to see lowly humans being bitten by their "pets" and have nowhere to escape, but they will laugh, and readily take out a stack of banknotes and throw them into the arena .

Just like a gentleman's butcher.

When he first arrived there, he still liked to stand upright, until a lion taller than two of him crushed his arm bones, and he finally fell down.

The arm was his first limb to be sawed off, because he lost, proving that his arm was too weak.

At that time, the person who installed the metal arm for him said to him calmly: the back is so straight, do you really think that you are still a human being with this thing?

This sentence easily shattered all his pride.

Survival is the only criterion here.

The life of a lowly "slave" is also lowly after death, and he will not be surprised at all because he is standing or kneeling.

And as long as they are noble, even beasts can make those people knee obediently.

The rough chainsaw neighed continuously and landed on his arm. He watched his bones being severed and his flesh and blood blurred.

But, it's strange, it doesn't hurt, but a little numb, as if being gently comfortable by someone, dispelling the coldness in the dream...

Gu Xi suddenly opened his eyes, his eyes were cold as if he had just crawled out of hell.

When he saw the familiar room in front of him, he gradually came back to his senses. This is his room, and his arm...

Gu Xi lowered his eyes slightly, a woman's petite hand was curled up in his palm, and the other hand was gently stroking the metal bone of his arm, the movement was very gentle, exactly the same feeling as the numbness in the dream.