245. Social Network

245. Social Network: Visit your favorite Social Networking website (ie: Facebook, Pinterest, Google, Twitter, etc.) and write a about a post you see there.

Why this story is late: I got distracted by social media. Whoops! Also, I chose Instagram because Twitter posts are so small, Facebook has a lot of mundane stuff, I never understood Pinterest, and no one ever understood Google.  I use WeHeartIt more than Instagram, but I wasn't sure that counted.

*

*

Being a writer is more than a skill. It’s a lifestyle. For years and years and years, I trained myself to be a writer. After all this time, I don't think I see the world like others do, and I'm unsure whether to be happy or sad about this.

I see every moment as a story, and I write those stories down and try to find the beauty in them, commonplace or simple or small as they are. It is a lot harder to find beauty than to find ugliness. I think it's because there's something perverse in our hearts that leans toward the darker side, but I also think so many people defeat that predisposition, and that in itself is beautiful.

Everywhere I look I see stories. They whisper to me or they strike me. Sometimes I manage to capture them on paper and sometimes they are too fast and strong for me to do so. I listen to people because I want to understand them.

Understanding is the hardest part of writing. You must understand the hero and the villain, to where you can predict their next move and know if it will hinder or help the plot. You must be the coward, the broken poet, the warrior, the sad soul, the one who sings in the rain -- you must be all of them, and you must know each and every part of them. You made them, but then they live without you. They become their own people, dwelling within you, and it is your job to transcribe their stories.

I study people. I'm a watcher. It perfectly contents me to sit and stare at people -- to observe the way they laugh, which way their eyes turn, how they react to others. I want to absorb the world and all of its stories, and then spit them out in books.