364. Trust

364. Trust: Write about putting trust in someone.

I know that you're just strangers on the internet and I will probably never meet you, but I trust you guys. Maybe not with my name or my address, but with something I think infinitely more valuable: my mind.

I don't share my writing with people. Very few people even know I write, and even then they think it's only a passing hobby. The very idea of letting people I know read what I write is nerve-wracking. A few years ago, I used to. People told me to stop writing, and admittedly, the things I wrote back then were pretty terrible. It was years before I picked up a pen again.

Still, I would have to trust someone a lot to share this part of myself with them. The words flow out of me; they are the thoughts I do not know how to articulate. No one in my personal life knows them, but all of you do. Isn't that funny? Or maybe it's not.

I trust you guys. In my entire career on Wattpad, which has been 5 years now, I have only had one "hater." Wattpad is such a supportive community, and I have met some fantastic people on here -- both artists and humans in general.

I don't know if I will ever share my writing with the people I know, but as this book is coming to a close, I would like to extend the biggest thanks to my readers. I have said it before, but not often enough: you guys are the reason I was able to this.

I loved seeing your comments and the unique takes you had on my little stories. It truly, truly kept me going. Somehow I was blessed to have faithful readers for this story, and I would like to thank y'all for taking the time out of your day to read my tales. It meant the world to me. It always will.

Wow. We made it. We actually made it.

In the words of the 21st century, slang-using teenager:

"It was lit, fam."

*

P.S. There is going to be a "Day 366," but it's going to be a bit different. :)