The One Where He Leaves.

There was a time when Tony was happily married to the love of his life. They even had a son together.

But then something went wrong.

Something always goes wrong.

Peter, his son, was barely two when they split up and he knows that neither of them are to blame.

Shit happened, like Tony becoming Ironman and the Avengers and everything just became too much.

They were on okay terms when they split up, they still had to see each other so that Peter could have both parents but then Ultron and the Accords made everything worse.

It has been about twelve years since Tony last saw his son, he would be about fifteen now.

He knew what Peter had been up too, he knew what his grades were and who his friends were.

He also knew that Peter didn't know who he was.

Well he knew who he was, he was still famous after all, but he didn't that Tony Stark was his dad.

Granted he hadn't seen the boy since he was four and he knew for a fact that his ex husband didn't tell him.

After the whole accords thing he doesn't exactly blame him for not telling him.

If the roles were switched he probably wouldn't have told him either.

Their marriage was doomed to fail the moment that Jericho Missile went off.

Tony never told the Avengers about them, they wanted to keep it private and then after the divorce and the Avengers splitting up it didn't seem to matter.

Even though the rogues have been pardoned for years and they have been a team again for just as long, Tony still didn't tell them.

"Boss, Peter has entered the building." Fridays voice silenced the movie the team were watching, they all gave Tony confused looks but he looked just as confused.

"What? Why? Did something happen?" Tony sat up.

"I'm not sure boss, should I let him up?" Friday asked.

"Yea of course." Tony nodded, his mind still going a million miles per hours.

"Tony? Who's Peter?" Steve asked, concern laced his voice.

"I-" He didn't get a chance to reply before a the elevator opened and a teenager stepped out.

Tony was there in a second, he stood a couple feet away from the kid.

"Is it true?" Peter spoke before anyone could asked what he was doing here. "Is it?" He asked again when Tony didn't speak.

"Is what true?" Tony didn't want to admit to something he hadn't actually done, so he wait to be accused first.

Instead of answering Peter thrusted the note he had been holding towards Tony, who carefully took it before reading it.

Dear Peter,
                      I'm sorry to do this too you, I want more then anything to be able to stay with you but I need to do this.