.34

|||||

|||||

when karl arrived back home it was already 2am, the lights in his house were off and everything was quiet except for the soft buzzing sound coming from the refrigerator.

the three house mates were all tired, sunburnt and smelly, karl's arm still stung from the jellyfish but it was somewhat tolerable now.

karl dragged his way into his room and noticed coraline sleeping in his bed with two of the cats sleeping next to her, her was phone unlocked and shining on her face leaving karl curious.

he placed down his duffle bag and slowly made his way over to coraline, with a quick glance at her phone he saw it was a photo of her and george laughing over facetime, he smiled to himself and thought about how lucky they were to have each other as friends, unaware the two were having a falling out.

he locked her phone and placed it on his bedside table then pet the cats who looked up at him and meowed lowly, karl grabbed a few things for a shower and headed off out of his room to let the girl rest.

he was thankful she looked after their cats for them and helped them out as much as she did, not that she really minded to begin with.

after having a shower and getting all the sand, sweat and grime off him, he got dressed and made his way back into his room and let the cats out then closed the door behind him softly, careful not to wake coraline up.

he crawled into his bed and sighed in relief at the soft mattress under him, he couldn't begin to express how great it was having his head on a pillow instead of endless amounts of sand.

nonchalantly, karl slung his arm around coraline and held her close to him, even though karl didn't win the island he was still able to say he was a winner, he had coraline in his arms and that was even better than any island he could've won.

coraline turned around and laid her head against karl's chest, their legs entwined and their breathing steady, karl didn't realise just how much he missed coraline's company but he was glad to be around her now.

"bubs?" coraline mumbled rubbing her eyes, karl hummed and brushed his thumb over her cheek as she began to wake up.

"hey bubba" karl said with a smile, he kissed the top of her head and pulled her into a hug, coraline wrapped her arms around the boy and moved over so she was laying on top him.

"i missed you"

"i missed you too, sorry for waking you up" cora shook her head and sat up, she was straddling his hips as she looked at the brunette boy under her. she noticed the shadow outline, unable to see his face, but she assumed he was smiling though.