98.

tw: manipulation and abuse, blood, mentions of rape, sa, manipulation

|||||

karl and coraline couldn't seem to comprehend what had just come from maya, the disbelief karl felt and betrayal coraline felt surged through the room.

maya knew the two weren't happy but what was done, was done. paul was on his way and he had a mission.

one of the people coraline trusted most inviting the person who had given her the most trauma in her life, into her house was unsettling and unnerving, coraline knew what paul was capable of and if he wanted to kill her... he could and he would.

karl had never met paul before and never wanted to but because if maya, they were going to be way past that.

"you did what?" karl asked looking at maya in disbelief, karl was furious, beyond the point of livid actually. how could maya claim to care about coraline and then put her into a situation like this?

"i invited paul over so everyone talk things out" coraline couldn't believe what she was hearing, she was genuinely fearing for her life. the last time coraline had seen paul, he'd promised her that the next turn he saw her, he'd make it his mission to kill her and make her life miserable, which he already succeeded at.

coraline had finally escaped him, she was finally happy with her life and ready for the next chapter, ready to move on from her family and paul and live a happy, exciting and successful life only for it all to get pulled back in.

coraline felt like she was trapped in a never ending glass maze, trying to find her way out and seeing the exit but never finding her way out of there.

"no maya, you need to leave and take paul with you, you are no longer welcomed at coraline's house" karl told maya firmly, maya watched as coraline continued to grip onto karl making her feel somewhat guilty.

"you're not allowed to make that call, she's my best frie–"

"yeah apparently, and you invited her fucking rapist and abusive ex over to her house, that's not what a best friend fucking does maya! cora is my best friend and my girlfriend so with all the disrespect in the world, fucking leave" karl spat, his hand caressing coraline head trying to calm her down.

the two suddenly got interrupted by a knock at the door making maya's head shoot up and a smile replacing her scowling expression, maya ran to the door and welcomed who was thought to be paul only for a familiar voice to come through the house.

"hey, it's maya right?" coraline sighed in relief hearing chris' voice come through the house, the couple got up off the kitchen floor and made their way over to where the two were stood.