97.

tw: manipulation, betrayal, panic attacks

tw: manipulation, betrayal, panic attacks. mentions of abuse, rape and blood.

|||||

karl felt as if he'd been neglecting coraline since sapnap had been in town, unknowingly brushing off their precious and valuable time together so he could entertain his guest not seeing that during that time he was somewhat upsetting coraline.

karl never wanted to upset coraline, he just wanted to spend time with his best friend before he want back to florida again, forgetting that coraline was also best friends with sapnap and had also known him for 6/7 years prior when she'd also met dream, bad, punz, antfrost, callahan and boomer.

she was, admittedly, a little disappointed that she never got to spend that much time with her childhood best friend before their very last day together, even then they didn't do very much.

by the last day, sapnap was exhausted from everything they'd done and just wanted to do nothing but go home and sleep, coraline wasn't a selfish person so she let him relax and do nothing, they just hung out which was better than nothing so she couldn't really complain.

she was sad to see him leave though, in the week and a half he was in north carolina she'd only seen him for a total of 2 days, watching him walk through the airport to go back him to florida made her wish she'd spent more time with him, he was like an annoying little brother but she loved him nonetheless.

karl and coraline decided after dropping sapnap off at the airport that they'd go back to coraline's house and hang out, it'd been a while since the two of them just sat down and did nothing.

and nothing they did, they sat on coraline's couch watching cartoons while being cuddled up together for hours, it was needed for the both of them.

a knock at coraline's door frightened them both, making the two jump in surprise, coraline wasn't expecting anything or anyone for that matter, karl watched closely as coraline went to the front door and opened it to see maya standing there fiddling with her long sleeve.

maya's visit took coraline by surprise, her arms immediately wrapped around her taller best friend and ushered her into the house, karl took the tv remote and paused the cartoon before standing and making his way towards the two girls.

"i wasn't expecting this!" coraline gushed as she watched maya nervously stand in front of her.

maya wasn't one to come off as timid or nervous, she's always had a very confident and proud demeanour, maya was usually very loud and never had to shy away but something was different about her.