.43

|||||

|||||

karl was having a bad day, one of those days where everything that could go wrong — went wrong, to his car not working, to his audio on his stream cutting out and his computer turning off completely, to dropping his lunch and spilling it everywhere, to tripping over one of the cats and rolling his ankle.

nothing was going his way.

he made his way to coraline's house and let himself in, maybe — just maybe — coraline would lift up his mood and make him feel better.

shuffling his way through her house and up the stairs, he found her in bed scrolling through her phone. sighing, karl waddled over to her bed and fell next to her grabbing her and pulling her close to him.

"thank you again for letting me borrow your car" he spoke sadly. coraline knew karl was having a rough day so having him here with her would hopefully cheer him up.

her fingers ran through his hair as she locked her phone, turning over to look at karl, he looked exhausted, mentally, emotionally and physically, like he wanted to just disappear on the spot.

"you're welcome to use it whenever" coraline told him.

"i really appreciate that" karl placed a kiss on coraline's lips making him feel slightly better already.

"do you wanna talk about your day?" karl groaned and mushed his face into coraline's neck.

"not really, if i do i'll probably cry" coraline felt a pang in her heart, hearing karl so upset.

"is there anything i can do to help you feel better? i can get us ubereats? we could watch chicken little? we could even go for a drive?" coraline suggested trying to lighten his mood.

karl pulled cora on top of his body "i just want to be here with you" it was a small gesture, but it showed he cared.

"i'm not going anywhere" karl nodded and rubbed his hand up and down her back.

at some point the two had fallen asleep, their arms and legs tangled together, their body's pressed against one another's, their noses touching, i guess that's what happens when physical touch is your love language.

the two were asleep for three and a half hours before coraline woke, feeling groggy and hazy after waking up she grabbed her phone deciding to order the two ubereats, she was starving and she was sure karl would be too.

coraline made her way out of bed and out of karl's grasp without waking the boy, making her way down to her living room waiting for the food to arrive while messaging — bullying— george.

karl woke up in the empty bed with a splitting headache, his head throbbing. his hand reaching forward to grab coraline to pull her close to him only to find he was the only one there, sitting up he looked around her room noticing she wasn't at her vanity and her bathroom light turned off.

"bubba?" karl called out expecting a response but became disappointed at the sound of silence, making his way out the bed he grabbed his phone to check the time, 2:48pm.

karl quietly made his way room through room trying to find his girlfriend... HIS girlfriend, just thought of calling coraline his girlfriend brought a smile to his face.

"thank you, enjoy the rest of your day" karl heard coraline say, as he got off the last step the stair he saw coraline closing the door behind her holding two takeaway bags.

"bubs!" karl rushed over to her smiling widely at the sight of her, coraline laughed at the impact of the two wrapping one arm around him while keeping a hold of the bags.

"are you feeling any better, k?" coraline asked kissing karl on the cheek, karl hesitated but ended up shaking his head.

"not really" cora appreciated his honesty, she liked that he was being himself with her.

"well i'm here if you want to talk" karl looked down towards cora and felt his eyes beginning to burn with tears, his breath caught in his throat.

"i erm —" coraline's hand brushed against his cheek, in that second karl let a tear slip, then two, then three, until he was in a puddle of tears, coraline felt a pang in her heart seeing karl crying in front of her. she placed the bags down and pulled karl into a hug, holding him as he cried.

"i've got you"