99.

|||||

|||||

fear
/fɪə/

noun
an unpleasant emotion caused by the threat of danger, pain, or harm.
"I cowered in fear as bullets whizzed past"

verb
be afraid of (someone or something) as likely to be dangerous, painful, or harmful.
"I hated him but didn't fear him any more"

|||||

fear, an emotion that effects all... there's no escape, there's no avoiding it, everyone feels fear.

it's a scary emotion, for some... more than others, like how you could fear talking in front of the class when you have to speak or fear of being found in a game of hide and seek or fear for when you ask someone to be your partner or fear in waiting for your hospital results or fear of having someone you love run away from home or fear in being stood inches away from your abuser.

fear comes in many ways, all valid and important to someone out there in this big bad place we call earth, it's important that we except the feeling of fear, even if we don't want to.

we must.

that's how coraline was feeling, fearful, chris had told her that tyler had thrown the first punch and admitted that what was happening outside wasn't pretty.

that maya and jenny were yelling at the guys to stop punching each other while the police tried to interfere with the physical fight.

coraline felt fear; for herself, for karl, for katie, chris and tucker, for jimmy, tyler and chandler, for her baby brother kaleb.

coraline felt fear for her life, now that they knew where she lived, she couldn't stay here... they would stalk her and track her down, follow her and eventually, kill her.

coraline felt fear that karl's life was now in danger because they were dating and they knew what he looked like and they knew his name and they knew he was linked with coraline.

coraline felt fear for everyone she loved because paul would make it his mission to destroy all the happiness in coraline's life.

coraline felt fear.

jimmy, tyler and chandler walked back in the house with cuts and bruises all over their faces, coraline couldn't help but feel responsible, it was her fault that paul hurt them.

"the police have them all detained, they want to speak with coraline about farther action" chandler told the group wiping his bloody lip.