116.

|||||

|||||

coraline and katie were walking through the isles of target chatting away like they always do. cora desperately needed a girls + tucker day out, it felt like it'd been a while since cora had last seen katie and tucker which should be a crime.

the two were grabbing stuff they definitely didn't need but definitely wanted, the two best friends knew that when they got home they would be in trouble for buying so many unnecessary things... with their own money.

"i actually need tampons, i'm all out and my period should be coming anyway now" cora told katie walking over to grab the brand she usually gets.

"can you not talk about your... menstrual cycle around a young child?" someone asked walking passed her. "he is a young boy, he doesn't need to hear about that kind of crap"

"his father and i will be and have been teaching him the correct words for things, i don't need to have my best friend and his god mother sensor the word period because you're uncomfortable with it" katie told them, the person scoffed and shook their head.

"never in my– back in my day if we ever spoke to anyone like that we would've been hit over the head, you have no right to speak to me like that" coraline looked over to katie and laughed before grabbing her arm and walking off.

"excuse me, i'm talking to you both, do not walk away from me"

coraline turned around and rolled her eyes in the process "we weren't talking to you, you invited yourself into our conversation and now we're leaving, have a great rest of your day and please leave us alone"

"i wasn't talking to the whore either but here we are, go buy some pants to cover your legs, you're being incredibly suggestive with what you're wearing" katie's mouth gaped open hearing the words leave their mouth. coraline was wearing one of karl's apparel hoodies which admittedly was way too big for her and a pair of lounge shorts from adidas that was covered by the hoodie, it wasn't anything inappropriate.

"you're refusing to use the word period but you called me a whore? in front of a child? you are crazy" cora turned around and linked her arm with katie's, continuing to walk off leaving that person yelling like a crazy person in that isle.

after what felt like 10 hours the two best friends had gone home, karl was already leaning against their front door waiting for cora to come home and help bring in the stuff she so desperately 'needed'

"oh my god rara, you bought so many things" karl spoke in disbelief.

"i needed it all" she told him resting her chin against his arm looking up at him, karl looked towards cora and saw just how happy she was making him melt.