.71

|||||

|||||

coraline was in fact worried.

petrified even.

karl and coraline had just dropped george off at the warehouse and immediately left to go meet karl's parents. they'd flown in from new york to see him and the beast crew... and well, coraline which added more weight into her shoulders.

coraline's knee was bouncing in anxiety while her hands were shaking and her heart rate was rapid, she was biting her lip anxiously trying to distract herself from the nerves bubbling inside her every second they got closer to their destination.

"hey, stop" karl told coraline as he looked over and noticed her harshly biting her lip.

with a shaky sigh coraline let go of her lip and looked towards karl who was glancing between the road and her, his hand reached forward to grab her hand and laced their fingers together listening to the soft sound of circles by post malone playing on the radio.

"have i told you that you look beautiful today?" karl asked looking over to coraline with a genuine smile and lifted her hand to his mouth, he left a light kiss upon the back of her hand then laid their hands back in coraline's lap.

"thank you" coraline whispered though not believing a word he said.

"are you good or do you need a few more minutes to collect yourself" karl asked coraline, coraline looked up and took notice that they were no longer driving and in fact in the car park for the restaurant and had been for a few minutes, cora made eye contact with karl and gave him a panicked look.

the only parental figures coraline has ever had are george's parents, who surprise surprise, live in the UK so having to meet the parents of the guy she was so undeniably in love with and having to impress them worried her.

she wasn't sure what she would do if karl's parents hated her, cora actually wanted to marry this boy but it would be incredibly hard to do so if she —

karl broke her thoughts by lightly resting his hand upon her cheek and pressing a kiss to the top of her head, coraline blink back into reality before deciding she was going to get out of the car and meet his parents before she chickened out.

"lets go" coraline put on a brave face and exited karl car before meeting him on the walkway, their hands linked together as they made their way into the restaurant.

"karl!" the couple heard a women say, karl looked up and smiled widely at the women who was quickly making her way over to the pair with her arms wide, karl let go of cora's hand and made his way towards his mom and held her close.