Seventeen

Nayeon's PoV

I'm still looking at the picture as I'm having goosebumps.

"Wow, I can't believe how small the world is i uttered.

"Why? Have you seen her?" Mina asked.

"Yes, I'm telling you I even talked to her."

"Then why we can't call her?"-Jeongyeon.

"It's something that you wouldn't understand." I said.

"Call me if the right time has come. I'm willing to pay you for a right amount." Mina said and left.

"We'll talk after this." Jeongyeon said and followed Mina.

"Wow, so she is Chaeyoung's friend!" I said in disbelief.

"That is confusing..." Y/N said.

"Why?"

"Well, Mina used to go to the house to light up candles. That is also the reason why Tzuyu and I can survive. And I just remembered, the last time she went there, she mentioned a name. I assume it was Chaeyoung-"

"You're not sure?"

"I was distracted that time. I need to get the candle." She hissed.

"Well anyway, the point is... Chaeyoung is a third level. She can remember all what she used to when she was still alive. If Mina knows her why she can't remember Mina? She didn't even recognize Mina a while ago."

"Chaeyoung is here a while ago?"

"Yeah, I told you, she set herself as second level since we are with Tzuyu. Also she just need to go after the grim reaper arrives and called Tzuyu for a help."

"Chaeyoung didn't even recognize that house. If Mina used to go there to light up candles for her, means Chaeyoung used to live there when she is still alive... but why she can't remember those?"

"Maybe because they are meant to remember the worst thing happened on them. You said that the reason why third level wants to have a body is to get back and revenge for their own death. If they only can remember what that worst thing, then they will have a focus on just getting their revenge." I said.

Y/N nods and hummed.

"Make sense... but that is totally too off! That only makes everything mess."

"Aren't their lives are mess before they died?"

Y/N went silent after that. I sighed and just looked at the sky.

"How I wish we could help all the ghost to get back on the destination where they need to go. But maybe, maybe things are made to be happen. Even if its the worst thing or a mess up. We can't just have a full peace, everything comes in balance."

Tzuyu's PoV

"Are you sure you the third level is here?" I asked to Jihyo as we've been roaming around and we can't see anything but first level ghosts.

So most of first levels stay here...

"I was roaming around the place as I got a signal here in this school. I tracked two of it."

"Are you sure? Is that even working?" I asked making her to stop and glared at me.

"Of course, even third level ghost in disguise can be track with this."

"Disguise?"

"Yeah, Third level can disguise theirselves. They be first or second level ghosts without anyone noticing it. But this device helps me to track them."

"Wow... wait-... disguise? What if... what if Y/N is in disguise?!"

"Are you still suspecting her until now?" She asked.

I sighed and think.

"Well, the fact that she's sticking on a living human, what else could be the sign?" I said and shrugged.

"Yeah, I already met her twice." Jihyo said.

"Really? How?"

"Actually this one is the third. The first one is the time she's in a hospital and a third level ghost attacked her. Second one is last night, she's being attack by a third level ghost too."

"Oh my... what if she's really a third level ghost? I mean, she's been sticking with this girl name Nayeon. What if she's trying to steal that body. But it just happened that some third level is after on that body too."

"I doubt... Y/N is a second level."

"How can you be sur-"

"I said what I said, Tzuyu. Just help me to find the two third level ghost." She hissed.

I looked at the device and saw that the signal only beeps on one point.

"I thought they were two?"

Jihyo looked into it and realize that the signal became one.

"We lost one."

"HELLLLP!" We snapped as we heard a voice calling for help. Just by the tone, we know that it's not an ordinary being.

"The signal is coming where the voice is." Jihyo said.

We didn't think twice and run to that place. As we got there, we saw a first level ghost and she's facing a third level.

"Hey!" Jihyo yelled to get their attention.

As the third level saw Jihyo, she immediately run away.

"You'll handle the other ghost, I need to get my bead." Jihyo said.

As soon as Jihyo disappears, I run to the first level ghost and helped her.

"What happened? Are you ok?" I asked.

"Y-yeah, thanks. I thought I won't be able to survive that ghost." She said and sighed in relief.

"What does that ghost need to you?" I asked.

I can rarely see third level ghost is after on their lower levels. Mostly they are after a living.

"That third level ghost is getting weak... she needs to gather energy."

I frowned and looked at her confusedly.

"What? I thought the only way to get energy is through the candles... beside, why would they target the lowest level?"

"Duh, obviously because second level are strong enough to defeat them too. That's why we first level are the main target of those third levels if candles are not the choice."

I just nod and looked at her. She looked pale, I mean. It's obvious that she is a first level, usually first level died on an illness or something.

"I'm Momo, what's your name?" She asked.

"Uh... I'm Tzuyu."

"Wow, this is the first time I met a ghost from another level.I don't really go out of this school. I was surprised to see that third level and second level are really existing. Even the grim reapers." She said with the traced of amazement.

"You don't go out? Then how would you complete your mission?"

"We first levels are scared to go out. We are safe in here."

"Now that other level just went here? I don't think so."

"Why?"

"If a third level managed to track this place and they know that there are first level here where their main targets, then they will get that opportunity." I said.

"Staying in one place is much dangerous than roaming outside." I said.

"But..."

"You know, why don't you just go with me? I have two more friends and they are in the same level as mine. We stay on a house."