Seventy Four

Third Person

It's already dismissal and Nayeon is getting ready to go.

"So, are we going to go home? Should you call your driver to pick you up?" Y/N asked as she waits for the latter.

"No, just like how we got here, we're walking home."

"Eh? It would be good if you'll call your driver. Walking is tiring, you know?" Y/N reasoned out.

"I didn't know ghosts feel tired walking around."

Y/N just shrugged and followed Nayeon as she walks out.

"You know, I got a better idea." Nayeon said.

"What?"

"Just follow me." Nayeon excitingly said.

As they walk out of school, Nayeon grab a taxi and tell them the place where they are going.

"Where are we really going, Nayeon?"

"You have to meet someone." Nayeon said.

"Meet someone? Nayeon, I am a ghost-"

"No more talk, Y/N. You'll find out later."

While on the car, Nayeon is keeping herself busy by writing on her notebook. And Y/N just watches Nayeon.

After minutes, they arrived on the place. Y/N walk out of the car and saw the surrounding.

Seeing the place, She's thinks she know where they are. She can see ghosts everywhere.

"Why are we here, Nayeon? What are we doing in the cemetery?"

Nayeon didn't dare to answer but she continued to walk. Just like Y/N, Nayeon could see the ghosts as her third eye is open.

"If you're going to think, this is the first time I am going here with this ability." Nayeon said.

"Glad you're not scared of seeing these ghosts."

"Of course, you're here." Nayeon said and smiled.

After a walk, they stop. Nayeon sat on her knees before speaking.

"Y/N, meet my grandma." Nayeon gladly introduce to Y/N.

Y/N sat down too as she gaze on the tomb.

"Hi...Nayeon's grandma. I'm.. Nayeon's friend." Y/N said.

"Sorry if I didn't got anything, grandma. I just happened to think of visiting you." Nayeon said as if she's really talking to her grandma.

Y/N just watch Nayeon. She noticed the sudden change of mood of Nayeon.

"You miss her, do you?" Y/N asked.

"Yeah. She's the only person who always stay with me. My parents are busy... and grandma is the person I can play with. She's basically my best friend." Nayeon said with sense of longing.

"I cried all day when I found out that she's dead. Now I wish I can see her like the other ghost. But maybe it's late. Maybe she's already in the other side of the world." She added.

"You know, whenever I go back and try to remember what she always tell me. I get answers why I met you."

"W-why?"

"Everything happen for a reason. When she died. It took long before I appreciate her words. But when I saw you. Maybe that's why. She's gone, but at least you came. You'll protect me, right?"

Your PoV

"You'll protect me, right?"

I was stunned on her question. I mean she maybe asked that multiple times but now, she's more sincere asking it.