Thirty One

Nayeon's PoV

"I'm home." I said but as expected, no one greeted me but the maids.

"Just bring the food in my room." I said before they could speak.

I literally memorized their lines. They'll be like 'Ms. Im, your parents are not here and will be coming late. We prepare for you food.'

As I got in my room. A deafening silence greeted me.

Wow, this is new. The ghosts are not here?

"Y/N."

"Hi!"

I sighed and look at her who just come up after I mentioned her name.

"How was the school?"

I closed the door since I don't want my maids to see me talking to a wind, duh?

"Fine, tiring. It's just first day but it drained my energy." I said.

"Oh. Haven't your energy already drained before you went to school?" She asked and laughs.

Damn right.

I smiled as I heard her laugh. I don't know but hearing a ghost's laugh is more than stress relieving than anything. Or it's just depends on a ghost?

"How about you guys?"

"Thought you want to have a rest? Why bother asking us?" She asked which made me looked at her surprisingly.

She laughs and shook her head.

"You're so serious. We are fine. Tzuyu has been sticking with Jihyo the whole day today. Chaeyoung are still acting stubbornly, saying that she can handle her ex-bestfriend. Then Momo... well, I helped her to gather information. We had some but not of them says her true mission here." Y/N stated.

"You've done so much things today." I sighed.

Maybe It's not me who can help them... maybe it's Y/N. I'm so worthle-

"Stop it." Y/N said that made me cut my thoughts.

"Huh?"

"Your look. It say what you think. And it's so not you."

Not me? She didn't even know me fully.

I just sighed and nodded.

"Okay, sorry." I said.

"You helped us alot. You can take your rest if you want too. Like what you said a while ago. You're not like us. We can have our energy back just by a candle and you... you are living." Y/N said that has a trace of sadness.

I frowned as I felt that she's meaning on something. Or maybe I am just overthinking about it?

"I'll help tomorrow. I promise." I said.

"Are you sure? Are you good already?"

"Yeah." I said and smile.

"Okay. Should I leave you now? For you to have rest?"

Suddenly I heard a knock. It's probably from my maids. I get my phone and acted like I am talking someone on the phone. I don't want to repeat the last time one of my maid came in and she was like, who the hell I am talking with!?

The door went open and I saw the maid holding the tray.

"Yes, okay. I'll do it." I said acting like I'm talking to someone on the other line of the call. Not so long she left after putting down the tray on my side table.

"Such a great actress." Y/N said as she's crossing her arms now and shaking her head.

"Shut up, I don't want them to think I am crazy." I said which made her laugh.