Forty Nine

Third Person

"I like you, not just as a friend..."

Y/N felt shattered as she heard Jeongyeon's words. And seeing how Nayeon gives her attention to it.

She smiled bitterly despite the pain she was grieving inside. She wants it to end, what she's seeing. It's a sore for her eyes especially for her feelings. She can't voice out. She can't process.

That ten minutes in that room felt like an hour. The cycle ended. Nayeon didn't say a word after Jeongyeon's confession, but she didn't feel awkward either. They both head out of the room as Y/N is still inside.

She just watched them walk away with a smile cracking on her lips.

She stayed there for She doesn't know how long. Started to ask herself a bunch of questions that obviously could be answered by one thing only.

She waited for more hours expecting Nayeon will call her, but nothing happened. The amusement park is already closed. All lights that were lighting the city a while ago became dull and dead silent.

No one knows what happened after that. She expects Nayeon to reply but who knows? Maybe she got her answer but wasn't able to say it as she was surprised just like how Y/N did.

Y/N left the park and walked to a place where she could find the answer.

"Yeri?"

There, at the top of the tree, she saw her friend.

"Yow! Too late for a walk. What's up?" Yeri asked as she jumped down the tree.

"I..."

Yeri's smile faded as she clearly read what was on Y/N's face. They are friends and Yeri has been roaming for long years around living with ghost life. She knows that look, everyone knows that look.

Yeri sighed and walked over to Y/N to give her a hug.

At that point, Y/N cried unexpectedly. She cried for a human. Yeri doesn't have any idea about it tho. She didn't bother to ask. All she knows is that Y/N needs to empty her bottle.

"I'm so stupid, why did I let it happen." Y/N cried.

"Shh, you can't stop it," Yeri said as she rubbed Y/N's back.

"No one can stop it," Yeri said as a thought crossed her mind.

"I know from the first that it's impossible. But why, Yeri? I let myself fall for her." Y/N confessed.

~~~~~~~~
Nayeon woke up with pure silence in her room. None of the ghosts showed up which surprised her. And then, she remembered something.

"Where is she?" Nayeon mumbled as she realized she had never seen Y/N right after they went to the Ferris wheel.

She shook her head as another problem crossed her mind. Something that made it hard to sleep last night, was the confession.

She was proud of herself as she thought she didn't make any mess that time. She doesn't know what to say and making herself in silence was a good decision. However, she told Jeongyeon that she was not awkward with the confession and that everything was fine and cool with her. But now realization strikes her. She's thinking about how would she be able to face Jeongyeon.

"Y/N." Nayeon called up trying to forget her worries. For some odd reason, she's expecting to see the bright smile in Y/N but Y/N showed up all down, the opposite of how she expected.

"Hey, Good morning." She greeted still trying to put up a good start.

Y/N smiled but it was not as same as yesterday.

"Hi, had a great sleep?" Y/N asked.

"Uh yeah." Nayeon just said but in fact, she doesn't know if she mean it.

"Great, have plans for today?" Y/N asked but the moment of two were cut as Tzuyu showed up.

"Sup fellas."

"Hey, good morning," Nayeon said to Tzuyu.

"Good morning to you."

"Seems had a great roam?" Y/N said as she noticed the smile with the latter.

"Kinda, been looking for myself. But I found something interesting."

Y/N just nodded and looked at Nayeon again. She noticed the stress on her face, clearly, she found out that the latter was lying. Or maybe she's just overseeing it.

Nayeon looked at Y/N and their eyes met. It was only a split second when Y/N averted her eyes and cleared her throat.

"Uhm Tzuyu? You got plans for later?" Y/N asked.

"I'm going with Jihyo, we'll go back to the school where I study. Maybe that place could help." Tzuyu said.

"Oh, is that so? Can I tag along?"

"You're not going with me?" Nayeon asked.

Tzuyu looked at Y/N and Nayeon as she sensed something was not right, definitely not right.

Y/N shook her head and smiled forcefully.

"Just call me if you need something."

Nayeon just nodded as Y/N looked at Tzuyu.

"Shall we go?"

"Yeah, sure," Tzuyu said.

"We'll go now, Nayeon," Tzuyu said as they both disappeared from her sight.

Nayeon sighed as she laid back. It was just a few minutes after she woke up but she felt it is the wrong day to live with.

"I should go to school now." Nayeon huffed and hovered out herself on her bed.

She prepared for long minutes and let her driver drive her to her school.

When she arrived at their room, it was quite a relief that Jeongyeon wasn't there. Although she doesn't want Jeongyeon to miss her class after yesterday, she's still thinking about how would she face her just like yesterday.

She didn't bother to worry since she knew that Jeongyeon might probably have her work. It's not possible since it happened before.

"Nayeon?"

She looked up and saw her classmate approaching her.

"Oh, Jeongin... right?" Nayeon asked.

Jeongin nodded and handed some papers to Nayeon.

"Our professor wants to give these last time but you head out early." He said.

"Oh, thanks."

"Welcome," Jeongin replied.

He remained standing there which confuses Nayeon. She gave him a kind look and smile.

"Anything else?"

"Oh! Nothing. Sorry, I just want to ask, something... personal." Jeongin said.

"Uh yes? I'll try if I can answer it." Nayeon said.

Jeongin smiled and Nayeon couldn't help but feel awe. It is something familiar to her.

"You're father is running for a position, right?"

"Yup, yours too."

"Ah yes." He replied.

"That's all?"

Jeongin nodded and bowed.

"Thank you, I'll go back to my seat. Nice to talk to you, Nayeon." He said and walked back.

Nayeon watches him. Something running in her mind, it is impossible of course. But who knows?

"He smiles like Y/N."