Hundred Four

Nayeon's PoV

It's already afternoon as I woke up on my mom's shoulder. I didn't notice that I fell asleep. When I woke up, mom said that the surgery is still on going. She asked me to eat with her somewhere outside. I just did since I feel so weak and need some energy. I can't be like this if Jeongyeon would wake her eyes up.

As we got to the nearest fast food chain, we just get our order and get to a vacant table.

I just stared to my food as if it will get to my stomach directly.

"Nayeon, please at least try to eat your food."

"I can't mom." I said making her sighed.

She gets my hand as she hold it tight.

"Everything will be fine. Jeongyeon will wake up... and you're going to find your friend, okay?" Mom said.

I hope she's right. I want to believe that there's still a chance. But what if there's no more? I will just hurt myself and it's much painful if that happens.

"When I went to the police station, your dad saw me. He said his sorry. And if you are ready, he wants to see you." Mom said.

I just remained silent as I don't have anything to say. I am more bothered and thinking about Y/N and Jeongyeon. They are they ones who stayed with me. I know that dad is my father but, these two made me feel like living is the happiest thing I could done in this world.

Y/N helped me to meet new people and also help even those who are unseen by the living just like my grandmother. And Jeongyeon stays as a true friend.

"I don't want here anymore, mom." I said which made her stop.

"After the surgery of Jeongyeon, I'll just say my goodbye too her." I said.

I know that I said that she's my friend and I don't know what could be my life without her. But it's time to stand on my feet. And just staying here is such a mess, they won't remember me but a daughter of someone who tries to kill the president's daughter.

"If that's what you want." Mom said.

And for Y/N, I don't know why I am hoping that I would able to see her again. I know the seal is no longer with us. No bond and connection that is binding us. But somehow, just somehow, I am hoping that we are destined to meet again.

Even if not here in the living world.

~~~~~~
It's already night, we are still waiting. Nurses keep on going out and in the room where Jeongyeon is. For some reason, I am at peace as I able to convince myself that she's coming back.

I hooked my phone and opened some of the pictures in my gallery. I keep on swiping my finger through my screen as I check all the pictures Jeongyeon and I took. Until I bumped into one picture.

I can't help but to tear up as I realized it is the photo that I attempted to take when I was with Y/N. She didn't come out on the picture but I could really imagine her standing beside me.

Maybe that's why they say pictures only displayed things that people see, but as you look at it, you'll get to remember the things that only you could understand.

After more swipe, Y/N's pictures came. Those are from Jeongin. I never thought I will wish to see her alive. I still want to try many things with her. All the things we planned.

"Mrs.Yoo."

We all snapped as a doctor came out of the room where Jeongyeon is. We all stand as we wait for him to talk again after the last two words he dropped.

He smiled and looked at Jeongyeon's mom.

"The surgery is successful. We are just going to transfer her to the ICU and let's just wait for her to wake up." The doctor announced which made us all tear up in joy.

After Jeongyeon's mom thanked the doctors, they pulled out Jeongyeon and transferred her to ICU.

My eyes followed her as her bed passes by on me. I just felt like I gain energy seeing her fine now. I followed mom and Jeongyeon's mom as we arrived to her new room.

"I told you she'll gonna make it." Mom said.

Jeongyeon's mom looked at me and walked to me. She held my hands as she kneeled.

"Nayeon, I am very sorry for what I did. I was so scared because they threatened me to end my daughter if I won't set you for a call. I know my daughter won't be glad if she'll hear it too. I just put her best friend in danger." She said.

I pulled her up as I shook my head.

"It's all fine now. Let's just thank that we are all fine." I said.

"I really don't know what to do that time. I know my jeongyeonie would be mad at me but I am so desperate. Especially after I found out through her father that there's already a heart donor for her." Jeongyeon's mom said.

Suddenly our talk were cut as someone opened the door, it's Jeongyeon's father. He's not here since he is also went to the police station to share his statement since he worked with dad before but I know he doesn't know anything about that.

"She made it." Jeongyeon's mom said and hugged her husband.

I just bowed at him as he looked at me and smile.

"How does the interrogations went?" Mom asked.

"I'm sorry, but I really can't do anything. I just said all I know and I can't protect your husband now. I know you two did so much for us." Jeongyeon's dad said.

I just smiled and nodded as mom did the said.

"We all did what is right." Mom said.

Yeah, all of us... we did what is right and not just because that is what we think. Because that is the truth.