Twenty Eight

Third Person

It's a sunny day as Nayeon decided to go out and chill. She doesn't have plans to stay in the plaza since she thinks she's loaded and need to help Mina and the others first.

"Hey."

Nayeon snaps as Y/N showed up.

"You always show up without me calling you." Nayeon said.

"Your ear thing, wear it." Y/N reminded.

Nayeon nodded and gets her ear piece on her pocket acting like it was on so she could talk while walking.

"So why are you here?"

"I promised that well be working with it together." Y/N said.

Well, I didn't. Y/N thought

"What are you up to?" Y/N asked.

"Nothing, just enjoying the sun. Mom and dad are not in the house. I can't stay there for longer."

"Why don't you call Jeongyeon? Your friend?" Y/N asked as she's interested on what Nayeon's will be answering.

"She's probably busy on her job. She took many job." Nayeon said and sighed.

"Wow, she's so diligent. Why don't you be like your friend?" Y/N said.

Nayeon stops and looked at Y/N.

"You're weird today. You... talk alot." Nayeon said.

Y/N shrug and continued to walk.

"I don't need to work, my parents gives me money." Nayeon said.

"You're counting on your parents?"

"Why not? I mean they are working to give me a fine life? Why would I should feel ungrateful about it." Nayeon said.

Y/N nodded as she gets what the latter is trying to say.

"Then why are working on the plaza?" Y/N asked.

Nayeon didn't answer right away. She sighed and smiled.

"It's not a job. It's just... something that I can do to feel like I am with my grandma even she's not here anymore." Nayeon said with the sense of sadness.

"Oh."

"Anyway, where are the other ghosts?" Nayeon asked as she looks around and didn't see Momo, Tzuyu and Chaeyoung.

"Why? You wanted to see some ghosts again?" Y/N asked.

Nayeon hissed and rolled her eyes.

"I am referring to your friends. Not the ghosts we saw in the event." Nayeon said as she can still feel the fright when the third level ghost about to attack her.

"So, what is the plan? Should we take over Momo's first? Or Chaeyoung's mission?" Y/N asked.

"I don't know, our conclusion is still a mess. It's unclear." Nayeon said.

"Well, we can do it." Y/N said.

They walk as they got in the park. While walking, Nayeon saw an ice cream truck and got excited.

"Y/N! Do you see what I see?" Nayeon asked with full smile.

"Uh, yeah? I am just a ghost... not a blind ghost." Y/N said who's looking at Nayeon.

Nayeon's smiles faded as she heard Y/N's stupid response. She looked at the latter and hissed.

"I'm referring to that!" Nayeon said and points on the truck.

"Oh... what's with that?"

"It's ice cream truck! Y/N what's up with you?" Nayeon hissed.

"So? Should I feel the same way as you? I can't eat it anyway." Y/N said.

Nayeon suddenly realized it. Y/N is a ghost, she can't have what Nayeon or living can.

Nayeon felt a little bit guilt on her. Sometimes she forgets that Y/N is just a ghost. She acts like a living. Well to think, a ghost is always with her, but living can't.

"You want to buy? You have money, I'll just go with you." Y/N said.

Nayeon's smile came back. She nodded like a kid and run to the ice cream truck.

"What flavor do you want?" Nayeon asked.

"I told you I can't-"

"I'll eat it for you." Nayeon said.

Y/N laughs and nodded.

"Okay, Uhm, let's have mint chocolate."

"Ew."

"Come on, you asked me. It sounds dope." Y/N said looking at the poster excitingly.

Nayeon sighed in defeat.

"One mint chocolate." Nayeon said. Nayeon got her ice cream. They are walking again as they found a bench to rest on.

"How does it taste?" Y/N asked.

Nayeon took a try and her expression changed. Her face say it all, she's not enjoying it.

"It taste like a toothpaste."

"Aw, now you should eat it all. You don't want to waste food, do you." Y/N said, restrain herself from laughing.

"Arf! Arf!"

The two snapped as a dog approached them. Nayeon thought the dog is barking at her but when she looks, it is looking at Y/N.

"Y-yah! S-shoo!"

Nayeon laughs as she saw how Y/N is so terrified.

"It won't bite you, pabo." Nayeon laughs.

"Toby! Toby come here!" A girl yelled running to Nayeon's place.

"Toby! I told you to stay!" The girl almost yelled.

"Sorry, miss-"

"It's okay. It didn't attack us." Nayeon said.

The kid went confused and titled her head as she heard the word 'us'.

"Toby, let's go." The girl said to her dog.

"Ah, wait. Have this. It's a treat since you're a good person to your dog." Nayeon said and gave her ice cream to the kid.

The kid is in hesitant at first but took it right after.

"Thank you!" The kid squeals and run away with her dog.

"Pew! That was quick." Nayeon said.

They found a bench and sat on it. Nayeon looked at Y/N as she noticed that the latter came quiet.

Then, she saw Y/N eyeing on something.

"You okay?" Nayeon asked as she saw Y/N looking at the family how's having a picnic.

"I wonder if I have a family... would it be as happy as them?" Y/N asked with trace of sadness.

"If it is as happy as them... then they were probably devastated as you left them." Nayeon said.

"And even if their family is not as happy as that. They would still feel sad if a person left them... hoping that they did the things that can make that person happy before the left."