Sixty One

Nayeon's PoV

I went back to my seat as I wait for Jeongyeon to comeback after she talks to Sana. I wonder what it is about but maybe it's something important and about the hospital. I mean... they didn't even know each other right before they met in hospital. What could be the reason?

"Noona."

I looked up and saw Jeongin walking towards my seat.

"Oh Jeongin. Ready for the match?"

"Kinda... I'm a bit nervous tho."

I looked around and seems like he doesn't even have anyone with him. I mean, I could recognize it quickly if he has...but nope.

"You're alone? Where's your sister?" I asked.

I remember when he said that his sister used to watch him. If his parents is not available then someone at least on his family supports him.

His smiley eyes went low as he speaks.

"She can't come." He plainly said.

"Oh... that's sad. Don't worry, I'm here. Jeongyeon is here too to cheer for you."

"Really? That's too kind. Thank you, noona. I'll go back now. My coach is looking for me."

"Okay, win the medal!" I cheered.

He nodded as I watch his eye smiled went back. I smiled back as I watch him walk away.

The game started for the male  players. I am watching will waiting for Jeongyeon to comeback.

Tzuyu is about to finish her mission... Y/N would be left alone.

"Hey, you okay?"

I snapped as I felt a tap on my shoulder and it's  Jeongyeon.

"Yeah."

"Really? I don't think so. Is this about your parents?"

"No. I'm fine, really." I said.

"You know that if you have problems with your family, you can tell me right?" Jeongyeon asked.

Family...

Y/N used to mention about knowing her family...

"Right!" I uttered which made Jeongyeon startled.

"R-right what?"

"Ah sorry. I was just... I need to find someo-"

"Yang Jeongin." I stoped as I heard Jeongin's name from the speaker being announced.

The competition will start. My gaze landed on him and realized he is looking at me.

Oh no, I can't just leave this place... no one will cheer him. I sit back on my seat and just sighed. When I look back at Jeongin, I gave him a thumbs up which he reciprocated with a smile.

Felt like I'm going to abandon a puppy if I left him. Hayss

Maybe I can just go and ask Jihyo later...

Third Person

The competition ended almost late afternoon. Although the result didn't go to what they expected. The day ended peacefully and fine.

"Noona, thank you for watching my game. Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it." Jeongin said.

"It's fine. As if you are just not a split second away from the 3rd placer. You can do better next time." Nayeon said.

"Yeah, I'm just a bit ashamed since you came here to watch me."

"No it's okay. It's really fine."

"Uh if its just fine, can I treat you two out? Just a little thank you." Jeongin asked on Nayeon and Jeongyeon.

"I'm free." Jeongyeon said.

Meanwhile, Nayeon who completely forgot what she needs to do agreed too.

"Okay, I just hope people don't come after us." Nayeon joked.

"We're not that famous like our fathers tho." Jeongin said which made them laugh.

~~~~~~~~~~
The three arrived at the nearest café. While waiting for their order, the three are having a great talk about the competition and getting to know more about Jeongin.

"How long are you doing that?" Jeongyeon asked.

"Since I was a kid. I'm actually more into sports which is swimming. But since I am a son of someone who's running for a position and also our current president, I need to have good records too. I need to prioritize my acads." Jeongin stated.

"How I wish Nayeon has the same mindset as yours." Jeongyeon sighed.

"Yah, I am doing well in acads too. Of course I can relate on Jeongin. You don't know the pressure of being the only daughter of an government official." Nayeon hissed.

"Really? If you do then why you do spiritual thingy? that's not even cool." Jeongyeon said.

Jeongin just laughed as he listened to the two.

"But you used to be a swimmer too before right?" Nayeon asked on Jeongyeon.

"Ah, not officially. I just did a tryout but never became part of the team."

"That's a bad luck." Nayeon hushed.

"Why? I think swimming is cool for you, noona." Jeongin asked.

"I..."

"Yeah, why? I know you. You will go on whatever you like." Nayeon asked.

"Uhm... I lost interest? Yeah... that's it." Jeongyeon snapped.

"Ahh... anyway Jeongin, you mentioned about your sister. Where is she-"

"Nayeon." Jeongyeon stopped and looked at Jeongin worriedly.

"Why?" Nayeon asked who seems clueless.

"Noona, you seem didn't know." Jeongin said.

"Know?"

"Gosh, Nayeon! Where have you been? Sorry, she didn't know." Jeongyeon said to Nayeon and apologize to Jeongin.

Nayeon frowned and blinked multiple times still not getting what they mean.

"I cannot seriously get the both of you..."

"My sister died... that's why there's an event where people go to the park to light up candles. But maybe people don't really make it serious and do it for just...fun?"

"I'm- I'm sorry about that- I didn't know." Nayeon said who's almost stunned to speak.

"Its okay. Like what I said, people don't take seriously of that event. Maybe if they knew that-" Jeongin stated but stopped.

Jeongyeon and Nayeon looked at each other as they wait for the younger.

"Ah nevermind. It's not that important."

"Aish, Nayeon... this is your fault."

"Wha- why me?! I didn't know, okay." Nayeon defended.

"But... if you don't mind, Jeongin...you said that your sister is with the same age as mine. How she died?" Nayeon asked.

"Nayeon!" Jeongyeon scolded bu Jeongin seems fine with it.

"Uhm... she was s-sick..."

"Ahh." Nayeon just uttered.

"You probably miss her alot." Jeongyeon said.

"Yeah. She's the kindest person I know. If only I could take her life back." Jeongin said who's in his deep thoughts.