Sixty Three

Nayeon's PoV

"Tzuyu?" Sana uttered as if it's not the first time she mentioned that name.

I gulped and nodded hoping for an answer. She clasped her hand and breathe deeply as she stared at me with teary eyes.

"Y-you know her? You c-can see her?" She asked which I didn't expect.

I thought she won't believe me but then.... i can sense the desperation on her voice... and it's so sad.

I looked at Tzuyu and I can see in her eyes. The longing even if she won't say it.

"She said she saw your picture with her... in your father's office." I said which made her gasped.

I told her everything she needs to know. Starting from how I met Tzuyu and how I able to see Tzuyu.

Her hands are shaking for real. But she keeps it close to each other.

"She's been following you the past weeks and she believes that you are key to get to other side."

"Other side?"

"Life after death won't end as is. They will become ghosts wherein they need to finish their unfinished tasks. As of now... Tzuyu don't know how she died... she believes that she needs to know it so that she could cross on the other side." I explained.

I looked at Tzuyu and didn't notice that she's crying already.

Yes... ghosts do cry.

"I-... I'm sorry." Sana uttered keeping her head low.

"Tzuyu." I snapped as I heard other voice. It's Jihyo who appeared out of nowhere.

"I need you to come with me. Asap." Jihyo said.

I looked at her and gave her a reassuring smile.

"I'll handle her." I said which Sana noticed probably.

Tzuyu nodded before leaving with Jihyo. I don't know what could be their agenda but I need to focus on Sana now.

"Tell me... what happened? You seems to know." I said to Sana.

She looked ay me worryingly as if she's hesitating.

"Is.. Tzuyu around?"

"She just left. But promise that she'll know about this." I assured.

Instead of being happy, her facial went low that she can't even look at me proudly.

"Please... tell her I tried to save her. I tried to give justice on her. But it's just that-"

"Justice? That what?" I asked.

"I met Tzuyu on a swimming competition. I didn't expect we'll be good friends. Even if she's from other school and we are competing against each other... our friendship is real. She sees my hardships and problems. She never failed to comfort me. There are times that I need to invite her to the school so we could do practice which is our quality time."

"She transferred to the school where I am studying. Those times, my mom is still the admin of the school. Also the coach of the swimming club. We became the great swimmers of our school but-"

"But?"

"Mom didn't like it. She wants me to be on top rather that Tzuyu. She's much greater than me."

"So your mom removed Tzuyu?" I asked.

"No... she did the other way around. She let Tzuyu play the competition. And no one see it as bad but they see it as a big opportunity for Tzuyu. Until she can't join the competition... something happened to her before the actual competition, the team found her in the pool...floating lifeless."

"What?"

"She rushed to the hospital where my father is working too. I know it... everyone has idea why that happened and that leads on my mom's fault. But dad chose to cover it. He faked the result of the autopsy. He can even save Tzuyu but... I don't know."

Now Sana is crying unstoppable gladly that there's no customers that much and we are sitting at the last row.

"I just found out that mom also threatened Tzuyu. That if she stops joining competitions, she won't allow Tzuyu to see me again. I know that she's having hard time that time already. But she keeps saying she can handle it and wish that we could swim together again some other time if she has a free time... but that didn't happen anymore." Sana stated.

"There is a chance to save her... but your father chose to cover your mom... is that what you are trying to say?" I asked.

She nods as she wipes her tears too. I handed her a glass of water and wait for her to calm down.

"Now that I know. Maybe Tzuyu would have clear thoughts about how she'll cross the other line. She's not a third level that means she don't seek for revenge..." i mumbled.

A ring coming from Sana's phone cut my thoughts. Both of us looked at her phone and it seems to be important.

"S-sorry, I need to go."

"Oh."

"But Nayeon." She called up.

She held my hand and looked at me straightly.

"Tell Tzuyu to wait for me, okay?"

She left with her things as I stayed here trying to process Tzuyu's death. That explain why she woke up in ghost life and feel so drown.

But what could be her mission? It's impossible that her mission is just about knowing her death....

"Aigoo- I can't do this for real. Y/N! Please, where are you?"

Your PoV

"39th-... 40th?"

"You lose count?"

I looked at Yeri who just came. I sighed and look away. Just the usual, I am still here in our hiding place. It's been a while and as long as I hide, I could feel the energy of a third level ghost... it's different.

"I miss her."

"She's probably looking for you, Y/N."

"I know, but... what if I will hurt her?" I asked.

"Hurt? What do you mean?"

I looked at Yeri and just smiled...

"We are bonded by a ritual."

"What? She's alive?"

"Why you didn't tell me, Y/N?!"

"I thought you know." I just simply said.

Well I know that she don't know. I never thought of telling her since it's not important. But now it feels like it is.

"Y/N you made a ritual with a living!?"

"I know it's not a good decisio-"

"Not a good decision !? Y/N it's stupid! You just secured yourself in this ghost life just like what happened to me!"