Forty Seven

Third Person

"After taking three consecutive rides, luckily I am still alive," Nayeon exclaimed.

They are heading off on the last ride that took.

"I think I left my soul on that ride!" Mina's cousin said.

"I wish I could say that too," Y/N said who also didn't miss any ride. She wants to stick with Nayeon, especially that Jeongyeon is around.

Nayeon looked at Y/N and couldn't help but laugh. Of course, the others can't see what she's seeing so they find her weird for doing that.

"You shouldn't have joined us," Nayeon said to Y/N but instead, Mina's cousin replied.

"It was fun though. But I won't ride on that thing again!" She said which made them laugh.

"Can we take a break? We still have time. Or we should head on the next ride?" Jeongyeon asked.

"Anything, but let's take Horror House and Ferry's Wheel last," Mina suggested.

"Sounds great!" Nayeon said.

They decided to continue the rides. They went to less extreme rides and obviously, they enjoyed it.

Nayeon didn't miss a chance to check on Y/N. After all, she agreed to go to the amusement park because she at least wanted Y/N to experience it. Obviously, Y/N didn't know as she thought Nayeon wanted to go to the amusement park because Jeongyeon was there too.

"Nayeon, let's go there!" Y/N requested as she pointed at bumper cars.

Y/N's eyes say it all, she's too excited with it. As if she never really experienced that when she's alive. Those shining eyes don't disappoint Nayeon. She feels like it is her new favorite view.

She smiled and nodded. Nayeon led the way to the ride so the others followed her. It was only a minute before Nayeon could see the smile of Y/N when it dropped and turned to a light smile.

"Nayeon, let's partner up!" Jeongyeon said.

Nayeon looked at Y/N, for some odd reason, she knew that Y/N wanted to be with her at least on that ride. Was that fine? Is that even considered an 'assumption?'

"No, I want to ride alone," Nayeon said trying not to offend Jeongyeon.

"Oh... okay, I'll take another car," Jeongyeon said.

As Mina, her cousin, and Jeongyeon got their cars, Y/N looked at Nayeon as if she was thinking of something.

"What?"

"You said you want to be alone," Y/N said.

Nayeon laughed and shook her head.

"Come on, I saved the other seat for you," Nayeon said and headed to a free car.

Nayeon can't see Y/N since she's walking first but she can feel the happiness in Y/N. She looked back and saw Y/N standing still but like what she imagined, she was wearing that exciting smile.

"Let's go." Nayeon mouthed.

Y/N giggled happily as she ran towards Nayeon and sat beside her. As it started, Y/N stretched her arms over feeling the ride.

Nayeon keeps glancing at her side as she doesn't want to miss anything about Y/N's eyes. It's just so innocent. Like a kid having their first candy. Or a baby seeing her mother for the very first time. It's full of love.

The ride ended short, but Nayeon was able to treasure those pictures in her head. She would never forget that, for sure.

"Where are we going next?" Mina asked.

"Let's eat, I'm kinda hungry." Mina's cousin suggested.

They all agreed and went to the stalls where they could stay too. Nayeon sat on a free chair while Mina and her cousin did the same thing.

"What do you want to eat?" Jeongyeon asked.

"No, I'm good."

"Come on, we still have other rides to go. You need to eat before heading to another place." Jeongyeon said.

"She's right," Y/N mumbled.

"Okay, I want a cake. Have it with a candle." Nayeon said which made them feel confused even Y/N.

"Uh, you sure?"

"Definitely," Nayeon said with a smile.

"Okay, I'll go with unnie too." Mina's cousin said.

Jeongyeon and Mina's cousin left leaving Mina and Nayeon.

"How are you, Mina?" Nayeon asked.

Mina smiled and looked down at her fingers.

"Fine, be good. I mean, compared to the last time, I feel contented now. I still can't get over everything. You know, everything is hard. Accepting that our friend did that on Chaeyoung... but Chaeyoung, when I saw her. She doesn't seem like she's in deep anger."

"I know, at first all she wants is to get her revenge. But maybe revenge is not always about taking another life as a payment. But something more peaceful." Nayeon replied.

"Yeah, she's that kind."

"Yeah." Y/N agreed.

"Well anyway, about you? How are you?" Mina asked.

Y/N just listens to them while they are having a great conversation not until.

"I'm fine, school is so tough but still manage to overcome it."

"Well maybe because your tougher, and got a woman beside you," Mina said which made Y/N snap.

She looked at her side and realized it was Nayeon. Her smile suddenly lightened as she thought it was her but...

"I mean Jeongyeon, she's a great friend to you," Mina said.

"Oh, yeah," Nayeon replied oblivious that Y/N was around.

"She's a good friend to you too," Nayeon added.

"Well yeah, she is. But never seen her so concerned like that before. She takes care of everyone but to you, she's open about herself."

"Really? Well..."

"Don't you find her interesting?"

Y/N's eyes glued on Nayeon, waiting for her response and as Nayeon felt her stare, she looked at Y/N but Y/N averted her eyes and acted like she was not listening to the conversation.

'Weird, Thought She's staring at me.' Nayeon thought.

"She's my best friend," Nayeon replied.

"Jeongyeon and I have been together as a friend for years. Basically, my parents trusted me with her. So I can't tell." Nayeon said and shrugged.

After a few minutes, the two girls arrived. Also with the foods that they bought.

"Here's your order!" Jeongyeon said as she put down a cupcake with a very tiny candle that was not lit yet.

"I can't see any cake in here so I just got that. I hope you don't mind."

"No, thank you for this," Nayeon said and lighted the candle. She excused herself for a while and held the cake with her.

She gazed at Y/N and signaled her to come. As they got far from the others, Nayeon spoke up.

"It's quite small but I hope it's enough," Nayeon said.

"Huh?"

"You're probably tired too, have the candle," Nayeon said

Y/N didn't expect it coming. She looked at Nayeon and smiled plainly as she savored the scent of the candle.

"Thank you, Nayeon."