Twenty Seven

Your PoV

"Is that so? Maybe I just miss you."

I saw Nayeon's expression changed as I said that.

Actually, I am really in the house already with the others. But I had this feeling that this, my 'other half' is roaming around the trouble.

I followed my instinct and when I was on the way, I saw a ghost following her. It is a third level ghost. I managed to stop him. He's scary, he looks like a total creep! Like a living creep!

I felt like I used my energy just to stop the ghost on getting near Nayeon. I swear, this girl is prone to ghosts!

"W-what are you saying? We just saw each other a while ago." She hissed and started to write something on her notebook.

I felt a bit sad as she ignored me. Like what the fuck!? She didn't even thank me!?

Well, dumb me. She doesn't know that I saved her... again!

"What is that?" I asked as I moved closer to her.

I felt a sudden freeze on her. She's not even moving. The next thing, I realized I am so close to her.

"Oh, you're more beautiful up close." I said out of nowhere. But I don't feel ashame for a bit.

I am a ghost, and for your information, she's bonded on me. Made us almost as partners, why would I feel ashamed to compliment my partner? Haha... ha-ha

I just rolled my eyes and went off her table. I walked away to gave her time since she's been acting so serious with that thing.

Like hello? I'm here?

Ugh! What is happening to me? Just a while ago, I am denying that we are partners. Just a stupid ritual bond us and now?

My thoughts were cut as Nayeon stood up on her chair soundly which startle me.

"You! You, flirty ghost. I'm telling you... never ever! Fall in love with me." She said as she faced me and points on me.

A silent occurs. I looked at her confusedly and burst on laughter after.

"W-wha- are you crazy!?" She exclaimed.

I wiped my tears and stopped on crying as I can't handle it anymore.

"Wait, who is the talking to a ghost? Am I?" I asked making her realized that she is the crazy one.

"And also, I will never, fall for you. I am just concerned because of the ritual. It's the effect, so bare with it. It's like having a control in my life. That's it." I exclaimed.

"You're dead, what life are you talking about?"

Oh shit, she's right.

"Whatever, okay. Fine. If you don't need me, I'll go. Call me if there-"

"No, stay." She said which made me stop and looked at her suspiciously.

"Thought you said not to fall in love huh?" I teased.

"I found out something. Come here." She said and now up with her serious mode again.

Ugh, why she's so serious about this thing? What is this thing in the first place? I thought.

"Okay, shoot it." I said and sat on the table as she sat on her chair.

I am looking down to her since like what I said, I am sitting on her not so big study table.

She's beautiful, I admit.

"Are you listening or your spirit is not here?"

"I'm literally a spirit, what do you mean." I sighed and crossed my arms.

"Y/N!"

"Okay, okay. I'll be serious. Go." I said as I raised my hand, surrendering.

She sighed and glared at me as if she's giving warning that If I made any noise, I'll be dead... I mean double dead. What a meat.

"Okay, so a while ago, I go out."

"I know, I saw third level creep following you." I mumbled not wanting her to hear it.

"I went out to see Mina." She said so I assumed she didn't hear it.

But wait, Mina?

"Why?" I asked.

"I just feel sick concerned with Chaeyoung and Mina's situation."

Oh...

"You remember what Chaeyoung said? That she saw her best friend on the event?"

"Her ex-best friend." I corrected. I mean that would be what Chaeyoung will do if she' here.

"Yeah, whatever. So I found out that Mina, knew Momo."

I frowned and came interested.

"What?"

"Mina gave me a photo. It is her, with Chaeyoung and Momo... and their one more friend."

"So Chaeyoung and Momo knew each other?" I asked.

"Yes."

"Then why Chaeyoung didn't recognize Momo? I mean, I would understand if Momo didn't recognize Chaeyoung. Because Momo is a first level-"

"Maybe they are meant to remember the thing will trigger them to make the revenge. Like what I told you." She said.

"Okay, let's say it's something like that. Let's just erase what we already know, because it just confuses all things. So what? I mean... Chaeyoung knew Momo? But why does the principal didn't re- oh..." I stopped as I realized it. I guess Nayeon knows it too since first.

The principals didn't recognize Chaeyoung because he didn't meet Chaeyoung when we talked to him about Momo. Because Chaeyoung left that time to follow her best friend.

"I think the other friend of Mina is Chaeyoung's best friend." Nayeon said.

"Chaeyoung's ex-best friend!? You found her?"

"Uh, I guess? I mean when I saw the photo, they look like a squad. Knowing that Mina is living with Chaeyoung and Dahyun too."

"Huh? But Chaeyoung lives in the place where we are staying. That's why Mina is visiting Chaeyoung there." I said.

Nayeon grasped on her hair in frustration.

"I don't know, I just made up a conclusion. Gosh! I'm so bad with these!" She hissed.

"I shouldn't have agreed to help Mina. I feel like I'll be messing it more if I will just go with my conclusion. Maybe Jeongyeon is right, I can't do it. I can't be like my grandma." Nayeon said as she started crying as her head is bowing on her desk.

I was speechless but I could feel her sentiments.

"N-nayeon."

"Y/N please leave me first. Forget what I said. It's a total mess."

I felt guilty for some reason. I should have listened to her since first and didn't contradict her opinions. Considering, this is the first time I saw her so serious about something.

"It's not. I think... I think you can be right too."

"Shut up." She muttered.

"No, seriously. We can just work on it. Let's work on it together. It's just a conclusion so it can be right... tho it can be wrong too. At least we had our conclusion instead of not having anything." I said.

She looked at me with her teary eyes as she sniff.

"Stop crying, it's not big deal." I hissed and avert my gaze.

I saw she wiped her tears. She saw up properly again and sighed.

"You promised that."

"Huh?" I uttered.

"Will be working with it together. You need to help me." She said.

I sighed and nodded.

"Yeah, whatever."