Seventy

Nayeon's PoV

Jeongyeon left after that notice. Now I need to prepare since I have to go to school.

"Nayeon, do you think your friend is fine?" Y/N Asked.

"Huh? Why?"

"Nothing... I just think she's going through something."

What? Oh right, maybe she also watches out Jeongyeon when she's gone.

"When do so started to stalk me and Jeongyeon huh? It's not a right behavior for a ghost." I hissed.

"Excuse me? I am third level ghost. Why would I haunt my prey? I mean, yeah... but no."

"Y/N's right. She only followed Jeongyeon once." Jihyo said.

"You do?" I asked.

"Hmm, Yeri helps me to stay away from her. I want to. As what I said, I know you would hate me if I hurt your friend."

"Wow, thanks... I think I should thank Yeri too."

"About your Yeri, she did the bond too right?" Jihyo said which made me look at her.

"And I bet she is facing the consequences now." She added.

Consequences?

"What are those?" I asked.

"Well you know it. Judging Yeri, she has no reason to stay here. But the bond. She's l-"

"OH YES! JIHYO HOW'S TZUYU!?" Y/N suddenly butted in and jumped close to Jihyo.

"About them, they had a good turn over. Sana and Tzuyu are together now. Wait, aren't you late for your class?"

Oh shoot!

I snapped and run in my bathroom. I not yet taking shower!

"You guys wait here!"

Your PoV

As Nayeon walks in the bathroom, I looked at Jihyo and she's also looking at me.

"What?"

"You, you don't want her to know that the bond can lock you here, do you."

I sighed and sat on the couch. Shes right. Although I know I've mentioned it before to her. She doesn't seem taking it seriously. Maybe she don't even believe that could have. But there's a possibility.

"I'm afraid that if she finds out, she will push me away. Especially now she knows I have feelings for her."

"That may happened. Good decision."

"So... I am on your list, right?" I asked.

"Yeah. That's why I'm keeping my eyes on you. Better watch kid."

Yikes. Just remembering the times she is chasing Chaeyoung, it's really terrifying.

~~~~~~
"Oh, Jihyo you're going with us too?" I asked as we get into Nayeon's car.

"I told you, I'll be watching you."

"And where's your friend?" Nayeon asked.

"Yeri? She's probably wandering around." I replied.

Nayeon started to drive since she insisted to her driver that she could go alone.

"Now what's your plan?" I asked.

"I don't know. I'll go to school and... be a student... and maybe we can start solving your mission."

"That's great! But... how?"

"I don't know. We'll find out."

Not so long we arrived at the school. Jihyo advice me to keep my level down so I won't scared any of ghosts.

"We'll comeback later so you would able to focus. Is that fine? You can just call me up." I said.

"What if you're not going to go back?"

I smiled and pats her head.

"Don't worry, you got me now."

"Enough, let's go Y/N. We'll look for some clues about you." Jihyo butted in.

Tch, this grim reaper!

"See you later." I bid and disappeared with Jihyo.

"Seems you are more in peace now. Why? Because Jeongyeon is not around." Jihyo said.

We are now in the library for I don't know why. I could see some first level ghost but I chose not to mind them.

"After all you still see her as your enemy for Nayeon's heart."

"Oh shut up."

"It's okay, that's the truth. We rather accept the truth than lies."

Damn this reaper.

"So, what are we going to do?"

"First, we have to find your identity. I'm sure you're somewhere here on the list." She said and gets some book.

I immediately look around to see if there's people watching us. But we are in a safe place. At the last aisle.

"Here is the students five years ago onwards-"

"Wait, how can you assure that I used to study here?"

"Aren't you?"

"No... Chaeyoung and Momo did. But not me." I said which made her slammed on a chair.

Oh gosh, I can't believe I thought she is the smartest among us.

"Let's not mind it, shall we? Let's wait for Nayeon." I said.

"Do you want some improvements on your mission or not? You really wanna lock up here?"

"It's not like that. I just... want to seek this moment. No rush."

"Whatever." Jihyo hissed.

She's probably sick staying her. And to say... I am a third level, which means my beads will be a big help for her too.

"Aren't you more curious about how you became a grim reaper?" I asked which made her look at me. I sat on the table while she's on the chair.

"Are you crazy! That's why I want to finish the beads. Few more and I'll get to know the truth."

"And after that?"

She just smiled and sighed, closing the book she got.

"We'll be weighing ourselves."

"What do you mean?"

"Since we'll be able to find out the reason, we are going to weigh ourselves if we deserve to get in peace-"

"Are you crazy!? Everyone deserves it!"

"Not if you are a grim reaper. We've been witnessing how bad this world and people can be. Seeing yourself as the most terrible would just kill your conscience."

I nodded as I heard what she said. That means forgive themselves is the test for them. That's sad then...

"Just knowing, I killed someone... I ended someone's life. That's unforgivable, what do you think?" She asked.

"Well... yeah."

"Now I doubt if I can forgive myself. I just ended a life. What a terrible person I am"