°•¤●Before Bewilderment●¤•°

[Chapter 51]

==========================

[ °●12th of January, 2026●°]

[ °●The night before he woke●°]

==========================

[-•¤Yuuki¤•-]

"We're almost there."

"...Hah..." The struggle under his breath remained audible even through this probe.

"Hey... come on, now. You're already so close. It'll be hard to get someone to pick you up at the side of an alley like this."

"Eeegh... Engh..."

"Take your time. Easy does it."

Hanging on for dear life, he leaned on the sidewalk railing, slowly inching towards his home with both legs seeming to have been sapped off their energy. His groans make him appear so helpless and tired beyond comprehension, which I couldn't help but feel sorry for.

No, it's not just the tiredness he's experiencing. At the pace he's going, even I can tell that it was nothing short of total exhaustion from every cell in his body.

Ah... I can only wish to help him up with my own two arms. Maybe that way, he wouldn't have to stumble so bad.

There was no sign of sparkle left in his eyes. What used to have shined so brightly merely an hour ago was now drained, swallowed whole by the fatigue.

Oh, Akashi...

His body has been on edge, and only now did it begin to rapidly decline. All that accumulated strain on his body suddenly caught up on short notice.

I'm sorry I can't do anything for you. There's only so much I could do through a probe like this.

Mmm...

Oh, dear...

Perhaps I should've known this would happen. The doctor had made it apparent since yesterday. When Akashi visited me, he had been exerting himself for several days now. On top of that, he suddenly had so many things to take care of today for other people. No wonder he got himself into this mess... Who knows what could happen if I didn't talk him out of that selfless cycle. Maybe tomorrow, he would've pushed himself more than he already has.

Oh, I'm sorry I couldn't tell you to head back sooner...

It was such a physically and mentally taxing day for you. Now you can't even walk straight...

How am I supposed to take care of your well-being like I promised if I can't even tell you to rest?

"From now on... I won't let you do this to yourself ever again..." I said to him somberly.

"I-It's... fine. You don't-"

"Please, we're caring for each other now. So don't go back on your word, and neither will I."

"Mmh... Under-*pant*-stood..." He submitted, finding it difficult to oppose my boldness.

I'm not letting him undermine my efforts. He needs to know that I'm here for him regardless of what he says...

How far are we, exactly?

I hovered the screen in my virtual dark room to my left, showing a map with a route to the address he gave me while we were on the train.