°•¤●Divine General●¤•°

[Chapter 10]

[-•¤Akato¤•-]

What a refreshing morning under the World Tree. The white wooden trunk shadowing the city remains its towering presence to the heavens.

It awes me to this day at how colossal it is. The thought of an ancient being who once planted a seed so small could birth this gigantic wonder... fuels me with great might. Hah, even after hundreds of hours playing this game, I still succumb to the childish sensation of bliss.

Ahh... this breeze. This. This is what I log in every day for. The shining rays that bring comfort to all it touches never cease to amaze me.

"Wuuaaahhhh~! Good morning, Lieutenaaaaant!" Seiki yawned cheekily on my hair as he struggled to not fall off, still half-asleep and all. This little boy needs to freshen up.

"You're still deep in the water there, buddy. You can rest inside, for now. I'll call you when I need you."

"Hooooiit..." Plop he goes. Disappeared into my fluffy red hair, snuggling up like a little cat as expected.

I huffed my wings and twitched it a little, then spread it as far as I can freshening my sore body. The fatigue of sleeping from real-life transfers into the game huh? Yes, of course, it's the last thing our brains process before locking into the Amusphere.

I slowly started to lift myself in the air and began gliding down into the Main City of Alfheim, the light here still shines that sparkling glow... Wow... It's like waking up on a relaxing morning during the holiday... This cold wind can make me sleep for hours and I won't even complain... It's just... perfect.

If you listen closely, the branches of the World Tree echo down here, becoming audible when the wind shakes the leaves. During thunderstorms, the water won't even hit the city at all for how vast the reach of the tree is.

I stroke my left hand downwards, revealing the Menu whilst maintaining a fair altitude.

I was still equipping the Dragonking Set. This would do me no good, it's too heavy for flight.

"Seiki, Change Armament Set, I.D: Casual."

The heavy, chipped bone plates that were weighing me down last night disintegrated into lights of blue. Finally, I have my hood, crimson cloak, steel chest plate and Tritonex on my person.

The wings noticed a change of baggage, light and agile... Good, now I can do shockwaves again.

"Ah, hm? Yuuki, Siune, and Jun are online? That's nice, I can discuss with them soon enough." I say looking at their location from the map displayed in front of me. They're still on Aincrad though, it would take me 45 minutes at best to reach it from here.

"But... I have to handle things with 'him' first." I remembered.

This is the most annoying part of this VRMMORPG game... Everyone here in one way, shape, or form, is searching for power, and among them, we have this crazy old man.

I chose to leave the Neutral Zone under the World Tree and proceeded to head back to the Salamander Headquarters. This would either go smoothly or ugly.

.

-=[]=-

.