°•¤●The Essence of Light : Forgiving●¤•°

[Chapter 26]

The black metal door shuts.

I made it...

I made it in!

Green particles flow across my skin, the sound effect of a healing spell followed the steady increase of my health. The azure streak of light disappeared from my eyes.

The power to disobey the natural law was stripped from me once again. Seiki immediately flew into the confinements of my hair, finally glad he could take his evening nap. The room was dark, the torches were dim. Not pitch black, but it was bright enough to see each other.

"Pff!" Nori started giggling on her own.

"Uhhh..."

"If you don't mind, please get yourself off our guild leader, that will surely help a lot," Jun said to me with a dead expression and a sighing pitch followed.

Huh?- Oh god I accidentally tackled her down, didn't I?

Looking below me, facing the ground, I saw my hands pinning her down. Her face was visibly confused, empty, speechless. The messy violet hair and her shining scarlet eyes were inches from mine.

With this sense of calm and magnifying beauty, I couldn't take my eyes off of her again. What went from pure anxiety turned to a feeling of... great satisfaction, the butterflies in my stomach was still rummaging my insides on a whole nother level...

She's just... wow.

"UeeEeH-hey! HEY!"

"WH-SORRY! I'M SORRY!"

She panicked after fully grasping the situation, her cheeks burning red. Her hand slapped me off faster than I could notice, forcing me back into reality.

"Y-why you little!"

She reached for my collar. Terrified, I backed away as far as I can while scraping my butt on the floor. Dirtying what's left of the saurian guards I have on.

"Yuukiii, Yuuki please!" Not giving up, she jumped me. Getting a firm grip of my collar then shook my brains out ruthlessly.

"You better treat me with a lot of food after all you did today got that! I want the best delicacies you can find and feed them to me! YOU'RE PAYING! Got that!"

"Y-yes ma'am! I'll tell my friend to cook you the best most ambitious meal you can ever ask for! Truce, truce!"

"Deal is it?!"

"YUP! DEAL, please-cough-you're choking me!"

"Yay~!" her face immediately turns into an angel, letting her grip loose and having her arms high up victorious. What I was sure to be the incarnation of evil now blessed with a blinding halo on her head.

"Yaaaay!~" the others joined in- Wait WHAT ARE THEY SO GLAD ABOUT?

"Hey, why is everyone 'yay-ing' all of a sudden?!"

"Oh my dear sir, you're paying for us all!" the spriggan of the guild laughs, cackling with her nose high.

"All for one and one for all, ain't that right Akato~" The red-banded swordswoman elbowed me. Are they serious? Am I being scammed?

Her sharp arms smacked mine, "Ack?! Ahhhahah... geez. Fine, I'll have that friend of mine to cook us her best dish. She's maxed out on cooking, so there's no reason to look anywhere else." I couldn't make myself say no, not at all.