°•¤●Who is?●¤•°

[Chapter 12]

[-•¤Asuna¤•-]

"Thanks for the car ride, Klei- I mean, Ryoutarou," I said, leaving the door slightly opened so he could hear my honest thanks.

I grabbed my bag and hung it on my stiff shoulder. The thick, ginger hair weighing heavily tempted me to flick it some more to get some air.

A long sigh followed my fidgeting as I rubbed the side of my neck. After spending hours on ALO, lying in bed, you'd finally realize how such idleness can take a toll on your physical body. I can't get used to this habit, I'm a lady after all.

"You're very much welcomeee~ A. Su. Naa~." He says in a playful tone, not that he means anything of it. He's better than that. Still, I find it uncomfortable in a sense...

"Eheh... I'll be going now. I'll call you when I need another lift, probably in a few hours. Alright?"

Ryou nodded as I closed the door to his car. By this time I took out my phone and looked behind me, giving a stern look.

The house was modern in design, white and simple, though smaller than Kirito's house. It barely has a yard, with only two floors and a nice, long balcony hanging on the front side. Calmly sprouting herbs grew and hung on the fence, giving a sort of relaxing, well-sustained cleanliness to the place. Duplicates of it stretched far to my left and right. Ah, so it's one of these types of houses, where they organize the neighbourhood in similar rows.

I always thought Akato was somewhat a little bit richer than Kirito but I guess I thought wrong. It looks just about comfortable enough for a great-paid family to live in, surely... but the size of it makes it seem like its perfect enough for only two-

Wait no no no no no, I need to be fast! No time to waste!

I pushed the gate to the house. Sure enough, it was conveniently open in the evening. Perfect, I dashed to the door and let myself in without having to care for the consequences.

This isn't a problem, yeah! I come here all the time, so I'm sure the Toriyus won't mind! I wonder why I never bothered to care for his house design before? It doesn't matter.

I took my shoes off and ran to the stairs... If I remembered correctly, Akato's room should be... here to the right! Oh God, I hope I'm not too late, Akato no, Akashi... please be o-

I knocked on the door, to no response. I decided to barge in, though a little too loudly.

I see the hazel haired boy, lying in bed. His Amusphere laid quietly on his shelf, far from his reach. He's in a deep, deep sleep...

"Haaahhh... Thank god... It must've been exhausting for him...

A big comforter covered his entire body, the cold temperature was bliss. His head was the only thing revealing his presence as he lay on his side. while the rest camouflaged with the atmosphere of the room. His face and closed shut eyes spoke nothing but content. It was a child's expression...

I guess Yorozu got to him first before I did. Well obviously, after all, she is his-

"Well, well, we got a sneaky intruder in here."

I gasped in shock, the voice made chills down my spine colder than a menacing breeze. An intruder? Where? Is it a man? Am I in danger?!

Eh?... Oh wait, she means me.