°•¤●Bloomed Rose●¤•°

-={¤●Crimson Rosario Arc●¤}=-
-={¤●An SAO Fan-Fiction●¤}=-

---::Creating Bonds Sub-Arc::---

==========================

[ °●6th of January, 2026●°]

==========================

"The Crimson Rose descends like a fallen star, blazing the sky in a streak of scarlet red. His blade, so luminous in light, yet his rage, engulfed in darkness."

-or... something like that? I'm not what one would call a professional expert in creating such quotations, given that I barely expose myself to them, much less remember them. It was a saying made by a random, albeit 'enthusiastic' salamander in the Alfheim Newsboard, who witnessed the finale of the Gigas Tyrannis' Fall in the prior season.

Who would've thought the event boss would become an atrocity, overpowering hundreds of high-level players with ease like they're flies. The scene where thousands of humongous branches sprout out of the boss room and clawed the sky was a memory to behold.

I still remembered it like it was yesterday. It sure was annoying.

It never stopped tailing me even when I was gliding on my wings, growing unpredictably as the clouds fogged my view.

It went so far as to smash me to the ground, despite being hundreds of meters above the air. One might say I had the advantage, but luck forsook me that day. My wings weren't able to move after that, but somehow I managed to pull through.

Gaining control, I sped higher to the heavens, rivalling the towering height of the World Tree. With less than a quarter of my health left, I rose above the clouds, and crimson light turbulently surrounded me.

I dashed straight down with my Tritonex at hand, giving off an umbral aura. Pierced through the countless barrage of branches to reach the boss' central core.

As such, I spectacularly delivered the final blow.

"So,"

"That's how it all went down huh, Akato?" The man in jet black uttered, holding his teacup smoothly, staring at the oozing warmth within.

"Sad you couldn't see it for yourself, Kirito." I jested.

He giggled in amity, continuing to sip down what was left in the cup. "Looks like you've come a long way since SAO. Now we're back to being equals, just like the old days."

I pulled back my hood, making myself comfortable. My worn-down bright red cloak gave me ample heat to ease the cold out on this snowy morning, allowing the fresh air of Kirito's cottage to blanket me as I leaned on the wooden fence, with him, sitting on a sturdy wooden chair.

"We always end our duels in ties, never once have we come close to eliminating the other in an overwhelming win. It's somewhat annoying now really," I said in a half-sighing tone.

Kirito spouts out a sarcastic laugh, "Those were One-Handed Longsword Duels, weren't they? Best not to judge our performance based on those alone, after all, you haven't seen me use my Dual Blades Skills on you yet."