°•¤●Sins Unforetold●¤•°

Disclaimer

I'm gonna make this as short as possible, this chapter is longer than Lovely Moon. It might not have much music to fit its scenes, but its length is insane.
You HAVE to read it in one go, which is why I didn't separate them into parts. Get yourself some freetime, around an hour or so, and come back.

Enjoy!

[Chapter 52]

==========================

[ °●13th of January, 2026●°]

==========================

[-•¤Yuuki¤•-]

"Why did he end up this way?"

"..."

"Out of everything he has told me, from the anguish, rage and regret I heard in his voice, why has he not once mentioned any of your names?"

"......"

The inn's window opened wide before me, flowing the breeze from the late morning atmosphere into the room as I gazed outwards into the heavens of New Aincrad's corners. I stood there, unwavering by the flurry of emotions bursting back and forth from my chest. There were no flaws in how I held my ground, for the urgency of the statement being made won't allow me the privilege to catch my breath.

This isn't about me.

"He grieved alone. For months on end, every single time he woke up, there was not one person there to see his despair. Why?"

The assortment of players behind me had no words to say as I held my gaze, too unbecoming to speak their mind, especially not after what they had heard. Describing the scene as dead silent wouldn't do justice, for it was like being in a crypt of preserved corpses, decaying for centuries. Whether these people behind me still have life in their eyes is unknown to me... I won't dare to turn around and see their faces.

I can't imagine-

...

I can't comprehend their expressions.

... How could I?

They just witnessed a detailed retelling of how their closest friend took the lives of murderers, only to bear the guilt that drove him to an act of suicide.

Could anyone imagine an expression of someone hearing such a thing?

In the short time I have stood here, they have already begun to break, rupturing from the inside out. The realization that dawned on these people poured down like heavy rain, as they have never thought his facade could hide such a tragedy.

But I was nowhere near the end, only scratching the surface of Akashi's turmoil. They needed to know... about every ounce of weight crushing his shoulders, how his condition could've led to his demise...

They have to acknowledge him... now more than ever.

"Did you know how close he was... to end it all? Even after everything he faced, there is no doubt in my mind that he had never—not once—complained to any of you about what he was dealing with. I mean, how could he? He never had the assurance from anyone in his life that they'd be there for him in his worst times, did he? He never had someone tell him that he could openly confess his sins and grieve, did he? No wonder he hasn't gotten the help he so desperately needed."