°•¤●Crossing Swords●¤•°

[Chapter 3]

"Ngh!"

I jolted my left leg forwards as I began swirling wind with a strike of my sword towards her.

But...

!- She's ATTACKING FIRST?!

I didn't even see her move at all, and now she's aimed for a thrust?!

I averted my slash from my right side to my torso, hoping it'll block the sudden strike.

?!

SHE REDIRECTED!

"GUH!"

Sparks flew across my vision, my health dropping as it follows the first taste of blood in the duel.

... Darn!

... Agh... that was quick. She wasn't going for a thrust at all, wasn't she? It was a double fake!

Right, she managed to stab a small part of my left torso... by misguiding me. The red gash on my ribs was exposed before closing the wound and healing.

I used this chance to spin myself and strike her head. "Tchang!", only to be effortlessly parried by her obsidian sword.

I flipped myself away from her to keep my distance as she catches her breath for a moment as well.

My frustration made me bitter.

Ah, what the hell! She was nowhere near to a charging stance, and yet she managed to get so close THAT fast?

I relied too much on my observations... Hah, serves me right. Let this lesson be learnt.

I twirled my sword and stabbed it to the ground, a way to rest my arms from holding up the sword. Change of strategy; I can't win with this old sword style, Aincrad can't save me against a speed demon like her.

Not a second must be wasted, I pulled my sword out off the granite floor and ended its rest. Then swiftly levelled it behind my waist as I built speed charging towards her.

I leapt over by surprise and did quadruple stabs from all her sides, to which I realized, were blocked perfectly.

I stomped my feet as soon as I met the ground and spun myself for another heavy strike. The tip of my sword sliced through the chest plate cavity effectively. I managed to get her this time!

She backflipped herself away from me in haste, but I wasn't going to let this girl take the chance. Let me show you what I can do! 

Extra (Ex) Skills.

My sword shined a dark golden aura and I can feel my eyes pulsing with focus.

I quickly dashed towards her as she backed away, managing to quickly do an upper slant from in front and a downward slash from her back.

Her health is already on the yellow bar, just barely hitting the red area-

?! Huh?- WHAT?!

She leapt over me, charging a-

She's charging a sword skill WITHOUT landing?!

A battle cry roared as a flurry of thorn-like stabs defiled my vision.

I was bearing witness to a legendary strike.

"NGH!" I struggled to maintain balance, for I was hit with an impossible 11-Hit, Original Sword Skill!