°•¤●Our Adventure●¤•°

[Chapter 45]

[-•¤Akashi¤•-]

"AAAaaaaaahhh~"

"AAAaaaaaahhh~"

Stretching my left arm and releasing the tension, I was able to strip away the fatigue left by this chaotic Monday evening, being careful not to- Why is she sighing with me?

"Hey, you don't get to sigh! I was the one who did all the running!"

"Ohoho, I'm sorrryyy." The suddenly sarcastic tone vexed me. "In case you haven't noticed, it was a verrry tiring day~! I was just about to go home with Asuna if it wasn't for you missing me."

"Y-You don't have to word it that way, Yuuki! I just- Uhm..."

"Hey, don't you even bother hiding it! Geez, just say you miss me already..." She insisted, sounding as if she'd be disappointed if I don't.

I tried to be subtle in my attempt, my head lowering out of shyness: "Ahaha... Y-Yeah, you could say that."

...

"Akashi, if you don't, I will do everything in my power to smack you in-game,"

Oh god. That was an unexpected response, "What, why?!"

"What's so hard about saying that you missed me?!"

"I-"

"SAY IT."

"....."

I sighed in utter defeat, submitting to her orders, but not without showing a little smile before saying: "I missed you, Yuuki."

"!!!"

I gave a serene nature to my answer, and it seemed like she enjoyed it quite a lot.

"Mm! Hehe~! That wasn't so hard now, was it? That was the first time a guy has ever missed me before!" She congratulated herself, successfully winning my attention.

... Ahah...

The day was still bright, but the sun had long passed the mark of noon. The temperature was dropping, and the wind gradually got stronger every hour...

The sunset would greet us soon.

The roads were busy with passing cars, but the birds didn't seem bothered. They kept chirping on their neat bird nests in trees of green, calling out to their friends all around to come home before it got dark.

From the way the city looked as I made my way on the sidewalk, it was like the snow from late winter was melting all too well following the season's change.

I really liked the cold. It's something I remember fondly from when I was younger. But a change of scenery like this calls for appreciation, so I will appreciate it as is.

"Hm?"

I noticed nothing but silence from her as I stared out into the world, walking us to the nearest train station. My hands rested in the pockets of my red hoodie, trying their best to stay warm.

Breaking the silence, in her most embarrassed voice, she confessed. "Well... don't tell anyone... I missed you too."

I stopped walking.