°•¤●Quick Demonstration●¤•°

[Chapter 5]

Here we go again.

We approached the crater beside the mines, Yuuki, Tecchi and I took the front lines as Nori, Jun, and Talken remained at the centre. Siune followed suit at the back, providing support.

We aren't fighting the floor boss yet, I can tell you that in advance.

I decided to take them to the Crystallium Crater on floor 19 and attempt to beat the mini-boss there to test the guild's efficiency. Take note and analyze their teamwork, as well as skills.

I've beaten this boss before while I was still a part of Kirito's group, or rather when I was still an essential member in the frontlines.

Unironically, it's a large crystal-covered demon the size of a school bus, big enough to have a party take it down but small enough to constitute a raid.

With that in mind, it took both me and Kirito at our max to beat the damn thing. But that was when we were back in SAO. Having better knowledge and stats, as well as a capable new partner, I say this should be a short ordeal.

I told the guild earlier about the boss, having recognized its attack patterns and movements. Yuuki and I will start by making way for Tecchi, who will be responsible for bringing the central squad towards the demon. Their objective is to weaken its long arms by damaging its shoulder on short notice. Then the plan would fall into motion safely.

"Akato," Nori held her arm around my neck from the right.

"So how long have you played VR games for? MMOs maybe?"

I looked the other way to avoid having eye contact with the woman. As I've established, her eyes can play with anyone's soul. Though since this is our first time conversing, I'll humour her for a bit.

"I can't specifically remember, maybe about 3 years minimum."

"That's surprisingly moderate compared to most people~! I'm guessing you build experience quite fast!"

"Mm, yeah." I gave simple feedback.

Nori looked at the person to my far left, halting the conversation. She's checking on Yuuki, expecting some sort of reaction.

It probably bore no fruit, I bet, seeing how Nori then started to frown disappointingly. I soon saw the reason for so, the Imp continued humming obliviously to our discussion. Her hand rested on the pommel of her blade to her waist.

Nori continues, "So tell me, what's your motivation? Why so strong?"

Oh? Asking me about my motivation? At least take me out to dinner first... hah.

"That my spriggan friend, I would not like to answer."

"Aight, aight, I get where you're coming from here."

I 'so' highly doubt that. Ahaha.

"You're searching for someone, aren't you? And she's somewhere faaaar away so you need to get stro-"

AHA-

"That's a hard NO from me, Nori." I raised a brow with a scoffed look.

She closed her eyes and gulped, taking her arm off my neck and proceeded to move back to her squad as we moved forward.

That was a block I never knew I was capable of doing. I sure hope she wasn't truly offended.

Alas, her advances were in vain. I wasn't going to let this woman seduce- ah, there I go again with my words. Maybe... 'bother' me like that? Yeah, that's better.

I can't let her bother me like that, it didn't sit right with me.

What made me close to laughing though was how she unintentionally described Kirito's entire journey through his first crusade in ALO. That was to make sure Asuna doesn't end up marrying a pest who has no idea what he's doing. I have to hand it to him, the bastard saved her at record speed.

I can feel Scorchy pop his head from my pocket as he whispered.

"She A THOT."

WOAH HEY WHAT-

"OH FOR F- SCORCHY!"

"AHAAAAAAAAAHAHAH!" Yuuki laughed her lungs out beside me, hearing the words of this devious Pixie of mine. Only now did I realize she was moving closer after Nori left.

"AAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAH!"

Sheesh, she couldn't stop laughing.

In an attempt to restrain herself, she grabbed onto my sleeve with a tight hold while her belly ached from all the cackle. I pinched the flying cait sith in between my fingers as a small punishment for being rude.

Yuuki controlled her funny bone, albeit somewhat struggling to do so, and spoke:

"HahaHe-He is something else huh, Akato?"

"What, this dirty-mouthed trouble maker? Well aside from his constant reckless choice of words, he's alright. Though, I've met other people who have these special types of fairies before so, in general, he's not the rarest thing out there."

"Still, having one is awesome! You can tell the value of someone's account just by seeing what kind of pixie they have."

"How comforting to know my public image revolves solely on Scorchy's existence. Hahaha."

Leaning a bit forward: "You seem like a pretty cool guy now aren't you? After getting to know who you are and all."

"Uh-Ahah... Nah, I'm just another player in this game like all the ones that came before me. The only difference is the lengths I've gone if anything else. There are plenty of players out there who've gone further too. People who I can't beat, with a much higher ranking than my own."

I looked at the skies above me, "Some may call those types of people as absolute 'Try Hards'. But for me, that's sort of fuels the thrill of fighting, you know? When you think you're almost higher than everyone, you'd always be reminded that you're constantly weaker in the eyes of others... Makes you want to improve in every aspect possible, less for others but more for yourself. Does that make sense?"

The Imp chuckled at my response, nodding in agreement. "Guess we're both on the same page, it's the same with me!"

"That's good to know..."

Hearing her say that convinces me more that she's somewhat a mirror of my own image. I was doubtful at first, but now I'm beginning to tie the threads together better.

"You took a toll on my ego with that fight yesterday, truth be told. Even though I won, it didn't seem like we finished anything. You were great." I admitted,

"Oh please, you're being modest. Hehe~! But keep the compliments coming, come on~" she waved her hands as a gesture of cockiness.

This girl and I will be a sight to behold if we were ever to share drinks in Agil's bar.

Damn... That Kirito figured her out instantly. That genius idiot has the perception of a detective, yet is denser than Stephen Hawking's theoretical black hole. No wonder the developers call him Jesu- Wait, that sounds bad.

?

I can feel a dark stare behind me, radiating a devil's fire-WAIIIT IS THAT THE BOSS- oh never mind.

I can see Jun, unbearably pissed off with a tight grip on the handle of his sword. Oookay? Nope, this is bad. He's certainly looking towards me, what for though? I thought we made good bread earlier.

S-should I go and talk to him? Ahhh...

[The End of Chapter 5]

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Author's Notes

I play too much Skyrim in my early teens, I miss killing villagers. This song takes me back.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=