°•¤●Unresolved Contradiction●¤•°

[Chapter 48]

"You should be heading home by now. It's already dark." She reminded me again. A brisk wind flowed down the mountain, with me leaning on a nearby iron fence. My hands tucked in my pockets and my hood back in its place—repelling the rapidly dropping temperature.

"It's fine. We still have time left. Yorozu would call me around 8 or 9 p.m, so it'll be a while..."

"I see..."

How unfortunate that the sun's time had reached its end. Most of her dreams had come to fruition today. Albeit felt compact.

Going inside the house was a great idea. She was thrilled that we took a peek around the bedrooms and kitchen after admiring the artwork in her living room for so long. Every little bit of complexity around her house was told in great detail. Almost as if she had lived there for centuries. Her stories were formed by her clear imagination, expressing how she felt and what faces her family made at the time. Every word she said was forever engraved into memory, like precious gems stored in a treasure chest.

Hehe... I can't believe she admitted how she almost burnt the house down with her cooking attempts after checking if the stove was still working. She is as clumsy as she is flexible.

I carved serenity on my face, relaxing, letting the mountain's echo swell my ears.

There's always something new and lovely about her for me to learn about. Every day with her would be an adventure and a discovery... there's nothing else that could make me happier.

But...

...

It can't wait any longer, can it?

Agh, of course not...

My heart turned null, trying to piece together how I was supposed to tell her my underlying secrets.

Today was one of the best days of our lives, but I'm risking it to be one of the worst.

If I tell her now, it could end everything we have here. All that hard work will be for nothing.

A constant shiver kept running down my spine, making my legs shake in weakness... Simply thinking of telling her is giving me extreme anxiety... I feel like I could trip at any moment.

Leaning on this fence was a good call. At the very least, I can stay levelled... but I can't seem to stop the trembling.

What am I supposed to say? HOW am I supposed to say it?

These questions repeat themselves in my mind without an end in sight.

Control yourself, don't shake too much, or else she'll notice...

My body is hurting...

I'm afraid,

I'm afraid,

I'm afraid,

I don't want to tell her.

I don't want to lose her.

It's not worth it.