°•¤●The Essence of Light : Breaking●¤•°

[Chapter 28]

In sync, Yuuki and I skipped and backflipped past the steel chains spiralling across the arena. Gusts of wind formed, forcing us to dodge continuously to keep our balance.

We got both chains coming after us. Jun, Talken and Nori are on a roll with the body parts. Tecchi maintains his immovable defence. All tasks are being upheld without fail, things are going great! We're spearheading towards the end!

The spiral tornado reeled towards us on the back edges of the room, far from the forefront where the others are. Yuuki hopped over my shoulder and parried the first whirl while the other one swinging for her failed as I averted its direction.

We've emptied two bars worth of health, five more to go. After observing both the new and familiar patterns, I found something valuable to take notice of. There exists a lag between animations, occurring only when the boss attacks Tecchi. Its concentration falters, making its chains temporarily out of use.

Our tank's health isn't going to deplete any time soon, so good luck going anywhere with that! Now all that's left is to find the right moment and do our best to stop them from moving entirely.

On that note, Jun, with his wide and broad greatsword, was able to do massive damage to the thick body parts of the boss. His role in attacking the thighs and feet is best suited for him only! If he plays his cards right, we can make the bastard trip!

As I checked up on the two front lines, I noticed every time Tecchi gets dazed, Jun will aggro the beast for a short while and let the former heal and gain focus. Talken and Nori backed him up as assurance while casting gashes on the wrists.

!!!

The boss is losing its grip on the hammers...

"Everyone! The arms are weakening! Make him drop those weapons, Yuuki and I will hold the chains down! Make it quick!"

"Right!"

The chains lost their momentum as the boss rains down combos on the three. Without a second wasted, I swirled the massive chains onto my sword and jabbed the tip to the ground. Pinning it down and marking it unusable. Yuuki copied the tactic and now both chains are exactly where we want them. As the beast realizes the disadvantage, it began pulling back the binds for an offensive attack only to be in vain as we pulled harder and immobilized it.

Its health begins to deteriorate, Jun lacerated a huge chunk of flesh on the back end of both its feet. He managed to kneel it down!

Nori got up the right arm and ran upwards onto the shoulders of the beast, smashing her Warhammer on the sockets and dismembering the shoulder bones completely! Talken swiped the fingers of the left hand off, massive wounds on the palm flowed red pixels out.

With all five of our efforts combined, the boss reaches its most vulnerable state. Both weapons were dropped and on their knees!

"IT'S DOWN! Yuuki, follow me. Everyone, give it everything you got!"

Letting go of the chains, we sprinted headfirst towards the middle. During so I noticed, so far, the boss has been acting too much like the old one... almost a replica. That's so weird, the devs would never simply copy-paste enemies directly from the seed. Something's wrong...

Hm?

What's that gem?

The way it's so high up on the chest, and the fact that I've never seen it before...