°•¤●Waking Up●¤•°

[Chapter 16]

[-•¤Akato¤•-]

"Mmmmmmhh..." her soft, sleepy moans made my chest explode with each heartbeat.

This was bound to happen at some point, BUT I DIDNT EXPECT IT TO BE SO SOON!

She seems to be gaining her consciousness rather slowly, moving and yawning. Stretching her fingers and about.

Amid her stretching on top of me, she moved her head a bit upwards from my chest, now to the height of my shoulders.

I couldn't even make a sound, I just... stood there looking at her the entire time.

Resting her head on my empty shoulder, she giggled in her pre-woken mood. Then her arms, which were not occupied earlier, now wraps around my neck.­­ Like hugging a sleeping pillow in the last few seconds before you wake up.

Something I'm too fond of doing myself.

She's... holding on to me quite tightly...

Then she raised her legs onto the bench, forcing my hands to cradle her like a baby.

In a way, although I would never have dreamed of it, the lingering thought of me bridal-carrying someone like this had crossed my mind at this moment.

Hahaaaa NO. What on EARTH am I thinking all of the sudden?! Don't lose yourself in the moment. Get those thoughts out of your head, Akashi! Your promises to yourself are not to be betrayed.

'Don't get too close to someone you just met.' But here I am, less than an inch away from her.

"Wuaahhh!" She roared. Her last yawn was the scent of a minty chocolate aroma. A very strong one too, the air blew my hood off from my head, leaving my hair exposed. Though it's not like there's anyone else there to see it except her.

She smacked her lips for a few seconds and later opened her tired gaze, finally. As if that was the longest and most energizing sleep she had in days.

I mustered the courage and spoke before she knew what was happening.

"Uhm... H-Hey Yuuki..." I said, with the weakest voice ever known to man. A mix of pathetic shrieking and breaking.

Her eyes widened, processing the area, basic motor functions reactivated, realization hitting like an arrow straight to the head. A SHOCK spiked in her mind.

"Oo... ooooOOO OH MY GOOOOOOOD!"

She let her arms off my neck, got herself safely on her toes and backed away as far as she could. Covering her chest and torso in displeasure. She did so with absolute haste for sure, it happened in a FLASH, with a bonus of maniacal panic.

"WHAT- WHAT DID YOU-"

"I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING I SWEAR!" I said spontaneously, without a single hesitation else it would have been the end of me.

Her face was bright red. The hottest red I've seen. Hotter than The General's shining scarlet armour.

"YOU GRABBED ME IN YOUR SLEEP!" she continued, most obviously upset.

"HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW, I COULDN'T STOP THAT WITHOUT REALIZING IT!"

"DOESN'T HELP THE FACT THAT YOU SLEPT WITH YOUR GUILD LEADER AS HOSTAGE!?"