°•¤●The Essence of Light : Challenging●¤•°

[Chapter 23]

[-•¤Yuuki¤•-]

In his presence, a warmth pressed against the face of my skin.

As if a gentle morning light shone down upon me from the windows of my room, like those peaceful mornings where the whole family was getting ready for breakfast.

Aiko, Mom... Dad...

It was lovely...

For a moment, just for a moment.

I felt like a little kid again.

As my mind snapped back into reality, my friends beside me showed stars in their eyes.

Standing before them was the person who will bring our wishes back to life...

Guess I was lucky to meet him, huh Sis?

[-•¤Akato¤•-]

Their morale has plummeted! Now is the perfect chance to cripple them for good!

Without a second wasted, Kirito gave out his commands:

"Akato, you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"They've seen nothing yet!" I replied.

"YUI!"

"SEIKI!"

The pockets of my cloak glow blue, as his turned gold. Our bodies were engulfed by the light resulting from the change of our physical avatars.

My sword and hood dispersed, instantaneously replaced with a chest plate no different from the weight of a feather. Its features are built precisely for speed and mobility, though thicker than intended.

The very same one I acquired with a certain someone today.

Its etched corners are darker than the base material, hardened to its climax. The obsidian origin is elapsed in the textures of the surface. The core stats, rose to their max to fit my current level by the hammer of my motherly iron-worker. The dark royal blue reflection matched the colours exuding from my eyes.

Under the thick sheet of armour is the Olympic-blue shaded Lindworm Panzers with a defence stat high enough to rival the dragonking scales, a rare drop from a boss I obtained merely hours ago as well.

It was destiny that led me to produce this perfect set of equipment.

Kirito, changing from a pale black jacket, decided to take safety measurements. Undoubtedly influenced by me, he now dawned armour carved with golden marks. Its base colour is that of vanta-black, a true dark knight of the eclipse.

His dark iron blade on his left hand stood firm. Though on his right, the blade he pulled from his golden scabbard, he wields the strongest weapon in the entire world of Alfheim Online.

Legendary One-Handed Longsword, Excalibur.

As for me, the weapon I was too reluctant on using...

The sword I gained from the World Tree's offspring, Gigas Tyrannis. The monstrosity that defeated the great Norse Warrior... The last of the legendary swords of Alfheim.

Legendary One-Handed Longsword, Dainsleif.

A blade coated in dark shades of blue. The core of the steel was patterned in a sort of hazy white colour while the hilt showed signs of ancient damage. A carving of a wolf was implanted to its design as a signature given by its past master.