°•¤●Eternal Love: Seeing●¤•°

[Chapter 39]

"But she decided to fight the illness instead!" Kurahashi stated as time continued.

I was looking at reflections of Armen through the window before it faded as I escaped my instantaneous dream.

I... made it out in one piece.

"She kept fighting?..." I asked, changing my attention.

"Yes. Soon after birth, Yuuki was given multi-drug therapy."

I wiped my face, keeping my expression firm and concentrated.

"It's hard for a young child to take lots of drugs at regular intervals like the ones she was given."

"Indeed, it must've been tough."

"There were side effects to all these procedures she had to undertake. Not to mention, she had also suffered through prejudice because of it."

"Prejudice? Her schoolmates?"

"Unfortunately, yes. Every one of them speculated wrongly, which led to many names being thrown her way."

This cruel world. Unforgivable.

 How could those kids do such a thing to one of their ill friends?

"Oh, Yuuki..."

"Her family believed she'd get better, and as such, she did her very best to heal. In fourth grade, however, her immune system suddenly collapsed. The AIDS symptoms began to surface and she was hospitalized here."

He took a seat behind me while I still pressed my hand on the window.

...

I hear a sigh before his next words followed.

"Still, even after all that, she was smiling."

A proud simper widened on my face, and my eyes shallowed as my spirits lifted

Hearing that she had always remained strong at such a young age made me feel an overwhelming sense of pride.

Yes, I am proud of her.

.

-=[]=-