°•¤● Three Years ●¤•°

[Chapter 41]

==========================

[ °●12th of January, 2026●°]

==========================

[-•¤Yuuki¤•-]

"You're blinding her with those settings."

"I know what I'm doing."

"Dude, everything in those settings is set to a thousand. She might as well be looking into the future at this point."

"Pf-" I grabbed my lips and pinched them shut.

"Wait, what? I didn't- I didn't set these up, who did this?"

"Oh~ I didn't know you had a concussion and forgot everything that happened for the last seven minutes, my bad. Do you want to go to the infirmary? What are you, a middle school kid who fell off his skates? Want a candy little boy?"

"Pfft-" I giggled, trying my very best to behave on my very first day here. He better stop pulling that sassy attitude or I might burst soon!

"Agh..." The random computer geek in uniform tapped the keys on the board whilst their supervisor, the man in black hair oversaw the progress.

"There, is this good enough for you?"

He inspects them as he grabbed onto the high school technician's shoulder, leaning to get a clearer understanding of the displays.

"All of them are too low now. The lag would be so bad she would end up seeing the birth of the first dinosaurs."

"PFFF- Tahaahahahahaha!" Asuna blurted her laughter out before I could even comprehend his words, grabbing her mouth shut neatly and innocently, containing her manners after hearing the unreasonable humour of her in-game husband as he teases his classmate helping out with the camera quality. Being in a restless state, she kept moving around making it harder for me to see through the lens.

The husband was showing a sort of drowsiness and fatigue in his expression. It fits with his current behaviour. Seeing him now, I doubt he could tolerate any sort of inconvenience, that explains why he's so ruthless!

Akato- wait, ah, Akashi did say Kiri- Um... Kazuto was working a lot on this device for the past few nights, but I didn't realize it was this bad. Tch- AAAAHHH! I'm not used to these new names! I might end up accidentally calling them that and embarrass myself in class!

I slapped my cheeks rapidly, trying to stay focused. Pulling down my red sweater and brushing my dark hair, I did my best to keep myself organized. Even though my appearance doesn't quite matter in this situation.

My chest is pounding over the excitement, but I need to make an amazing first impression! Keep your cool, alright? Calm down~! It's fine~! Everything is normal~! It's just school so, what could 'possibly' go wrong? Right?

Oh, please tell me I didn't jinx myself there.

I puffed up and kept calm, lightly punching my chest to keep the childish antics in.

Asuna glanced over the hemispherical camera on her shoulder, "So~, about Akashi-"

"WaaaAAA!" I screamed and completely broke my posture, rolling across the floor of this empty room with nothing but a screen and audio to turn me into jelly.