°•¤●Defying Question●¤•°

[Chapter 19]

[-•¤Yuuki¤•-]

We both levelled up exponentially, gaining 5 levels from just a single boss. It took less than 3 minutes for us to beat it, almost as if it was a miracle. But, I'm sure it's... because of me.

I did it again, purple lightning coursed through me during the battle. My sword injected staggering amounts of electricity into the digital flesh of the dragon.

I don't understand, it happened only a few times before. When Aiko...

It's like the world bent its laws. Why... Why then, why now, and how?...

My questions grew in number as I walked alongside the Crimson Rose, he noticed my blank appearance and asked:

"Hey, you alright?"

I couldn't answer immediately, of course, unsure if I'm actually 'alright' or not. Though I decided to share my thoughts with him regardless since he most certainly saw what happened.

"I... didn't know what exactly happened back there."

"What do you- oh..."

"The sword skill I used was one of my originals, but I never knew it had a lightning element inside," I stated. "It happened once or twice before but I still couldn't make sense of it. It shouldn't have been possible, right?"

Akato explained his observations to me, giving a second opinion on the matter;

"Hmm..." holding his chin, he wanders off into his mind.

"There does exist elemental weapon skills in Alfheim after the release of the new server update, you recall? The Devs used the seed's code from SAO, which already consists of weapon skills ready to be used, then foraged it to create a system of their own. The choreography of the skills remains the same, so did their names, Horizontal Arc, Vertical Arc, Slant. Only with an additional bonus of the elemental application feature given by the player and their preference, does the two systems in SAO and ALO differ. This makes way for more damage potential for the skills and gives new content to the players."

His methodic approach was rather sophisticated as if he's read about them from a textbook.

He continued; "Easy to say, we're using the sword skills from SAO's Aincrad but with some special elemental flare. On that note, there are some exceptions to this system. The Ex Skills used by a handful of players that vary in terms of rarity, consist of a fixed element to them. In other words, they're unable to change their predetermined element, unlike the base Aincrad Skills.

"Like yours huh?" I now questioned, realizing I haven't asked him yet regarding his unique set of skills. I was planning to when we meet up with the other party members.

"Exactly, the Tyrfing Inferno Ex Skills I use have a fixed element to it, 'Fire', or in its description, 'Flames of Nordic Bonds'. As you can see," he quickly had his UI on display for me to observe with a stroke of a finger, "There's no option to alternate its core element."

"Ohhh~! You can remember all that stuff?"

"Ahah. You're underestimating the number of effort players like me take into account when it comes to in-game info." He smirked.

I wonder... "Your friend Kirito has one too, I take it?"

"Good question! He used to, yes. Then it got removed, so he could only use Aincrad Sword Skills for the time being before the Devs decide to allow him access to it again. Though his methods of using the aforementioned skill aren't without a few minor tweaks he came up with to slip in some more damage. That being said, he and I remained equally tied in terms of battle power despite that setback. That little method he used, he calls it Skill-Connect."