°•¤●Setting Suns●¤•°

[Chapter 46]

The sound of cars and bikes filled the atmosphere of Hoshikawa Station, alongside many other citizens going about their evenings. The sun was already setting by the time we arrived, and the town looked noticeably more peaceful when compared to the bustling city of Tokyo.

The birds here have a nice change of tone in how they chirp, seeming more sophisticated rather than erratic—given the difference in the environment. Since it's almost dawn, many of them are ready to head home, soaring the skies among the cloudswhilst enjoying what little time they have left.

"This is such a nice town, Yuuki... the weather is perfect. I think I'm just about ready to fall asleep."

"Don't pass out now, or I'll be screaming in your ear!" She warned me.

"Haha... please don't." I took her threat seriously. Given how close the probe is to my ear, she certainly has every means possible to make me go deaf.

Crossing to the bridge with the highway beneath, I see cars speeding through the turns, reminding me of a river's constant current.

A gloomy sense radiated from my shoulder. Mm? She's worried about something...

"... Hey..." She grabbed my attention before I could muster words, making it as if she pulled over my sleeve, trying to call out to me without looking directly.

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry for this, Akashi. I know you're tired. It's a selfish request to have you go so far, and I haven't even told you why we're here."

"Oh pleaseee~ Still on about that again? This is one of your wishes, right?"

"Yeah... it is."

"Then it's fine. Let's go!"

"B-But!"

"Aww, Yuukiii. Don't you trust me?" I tried to convince her with a guilt trip.

"I-I do! But... Shouldn't you be going home?"

"Ahh, I already told Yorozu that I went out after school to take you around, so no biggy. In fact, she couldn't stop spamming in my texts for being so excited."

"Ah... gotcha." She sounded convinced.

Success!

Oh, Yuuki.

I want to make it so that she doesn't have to worry about me, not one bit. She's had enough of that already. Today is her stress-free day!

But... although it is true that I told Yorozu about going out with her today, I think using the word 'excited' was an understatement.

Because in reality:

She just won't shut the hell up.

THIS DAMN PHONE HASN'T STOPPED VIBRATING FOR THE PAST THIRTY MINUTES!

Vmmm~

Yorozu stoooop calling meee. I don't want to hear your incoherent babbliiiiing. Shut uuuuuuup.

Vmmmmmmm~

Staaaaaaaaahap

...

Whew...