°•¤●The Essence of Light : Resisting●¤•°

[Chapter 25]

[-•¤Akato¤•-]

Mists engulfed the halls, thick and heavy, bright in red. The bodies of the fallen turned to light, leaving behind flames from whence they've lost. Shades of blood in colour painted the bodies and faces of those who came for me.

Too arrogant to see their mistakes, too prideful to turn away.

Using Kirito's minor magical prowess proved to be much beneficial when fighting against numerous attackers. This haze masks my location, enabling a slightly easier execution compared to going at them all at once.

How tasteless of me to be grateful for his help. Tch, spriggans and their affinities...

Closing my eyes, I began to fall back into my state of sentience, deepening my understanding of all the intricate functions of the radius surrounding me.

Similar to a state of meditation, when one notices how the leaves fall from trees and the trajectory of the wind, I can envision roughly of the presence those who seek to erase me.

A core aspect of one's own natural ability to survive... is through adaptation.

Hearing past the clashing blades, giving attention to more significant details, I formed an image of the area in my anticipation.

... Footsteps, heavy ones, rushing through the mist aimlessly–

Behind me.

"PEST!" the man yelled.

Cutting through the blood cloud came forth a substantial slant for my head, he attacks. I ducked and spun lower, completely making him miss his target.

One foul swipe of my sword broke the light bonds of his head and torso, the axe he wielded fell to the ground with a shattering sound. His hands still holding on the handle, legs still standing, neck cleaned off his shoulders.

Many others came after him, like chains of never-ending mosquitoes searching for blood to quench their thirst.

These people... enough already!

Tyrfing Inferno Ex Skill: Thor's Hurricane

The line of attack circled the radius, gashing into their armours and bodies in one foul swipe, knocking them back. All five pursuers halted their journey without seeing the end of it.

My eyes streaked in blue as my body move with its precise choreography. Particles of bare pixels rained and disappeared as the players burst into flames of little.

A brutal, menacing sight. My sword, a weapon that inflicts unrecoverable wounds, the type that stays open even when healed, a Divine Weapon ability, "Mortality".

Red lines sparkled at the corner of my eye.

Huh... Oh wait, that's...

Impulsively, I screamed, "SHIT!"

Imploding towards me came forth his execution, a ravaging force reeled my sword, pushing me out of the red mist into the battlefield. Sumeragi!

The shock spiked my senses, the silent clanging of swords became louder and I was sent straight back to the fight out of my comfort zone.