°•¤●Completed Halves●¤•°

Disclaimer

You might want to hear the soundtracks as you read this one. For mobile users who are using the app right now, go to your browser of choice, search for Wattpad and log in to your account. Then, simply return to this chapter. Now you're able to enjoy it the best way possible. Wear your earphones, and once you come across a video in this chapter, tap on it and enjoy it to your heart's content!

Of course, once again, that's your choice to make.

I hope all of you will love and keep supporting my fanfiction of Yuuki Konno, "Crimson Rosario"! ~Simon

---::Beautiful Memories Sub-Arc::---

[Chapter 40]

[-•¤Akato¤•-]

Azure hues shrouded my spawn on the pedestal of the 24th Floor.

Crimson Rose, my current self, please, lend me your strength.

"Ready," My wings summoned and spread apart to their limits.

"Steady," I crouched and hardened my legs.

Breathe.

Hooahhh~, haaah~.

"GO!"

Fogs scattered the moment my body blasted to the heavens upwards.

Pierce through the thickest of clouds and toughest of winds. Let nothing stand in your way! FASTER!

Make yourself the bullet!

Let your shockwaves thunder this very floor under the weight of your speed!

The houses passed me by in an instant, doors of villages swung open as I glided across the roofs.

Passing by the main settlement of this Floor, the gust left by my trail engulfed the Panareze markets. The kindled flames within lamps beside the streets were put out immediately, and the signs of nearby shops swung frantically.

I am reminded of the evening we shared before our final grinding session. I recall clearly the way her eyes lit up back then as we jumped across the river. How I wish we could experience that moment together again.

During our stroll, even though she didn't say a word, I already noticed the look she gave as she stared at the gowns and sweets sold by the merchants. Once again, I can't help but feel an overwhelming sense of regret for not buying them for her then, thinking that she should be focusing on the raid above all else.

I'm sorry.

We can visit all the shops there as many times as you want.

We can take a walk on every floor of Aincrad and experience their delicacies.

We can go through any clothes you want to buy. I'll use my entire fortune if I have to.

One more time, just please, let me see you. One. More.

"TIME!"

I soared across the surface of the lake, my right foot stepped on the water's surface and began decreasing the momentum effect, creating a stroke of waves.

As my body slowed down, my wings propelled wider to keep me afloat.

The island where the tree stands met my feet as I rested for a brief moment upon my arrival.