°•¤●Sweetest Sincerity●¤•°

[Chapter 54]

Out of all the places she could've appeared, Yorozu chose the most unsettling spot available to show herself. Her plump and masterfully sculpted face surfaced from behind my right shoulder as I sat on the picnic blanket, tilting her head playfully.

"S-Sis?!" I fell to my side, away from where she casually spooked me close to death.

"Y-Yorozu~!" Sweat ran down Yuuki's forehead after witnessing the scare.

"I heard you two lovebirds say something about my cooking, so did you like it?" She said, positioning herself in front of Yuuki now that I had moved away.

"L-Lovebirds?" Yuuki stuttered, heating up.

"We loved them, duh." I ignored her nonchalant name-calling, paying it no mind. "But please stop causing minor heart attacks for me while you're here. Asuna might've invited you, but I would've preferred you stay home."

She gasped, "How could you say that? I deserve to be here just as much as anyone! I wanna make friends too!"

A strong sense of worry piled up in me out of the blue, "Right, and in the process, make more trouble for me than what it's worth."

A vein popped on her forehead: "Oh, so what? You're gonna kick me out, honey?" She rests her hands on her waist, pouting at me. "After all the hard work I put in so your girl would be compensated for dragging your butt back home, now you want me to leave?"

She did NOT just say 'your girl'. Who the hell told her she could say that?

"I wouldn't even consider it in the first place if I could trust you not to embarrass me in front of everyone now, would I?" I scoffed.

"Hah. When had I ever embarrassed you~? Yuuki, tell 'em!" She searched for backup, even though she knew full well of the countless times I'd suffered due to her inconsiderate outbursts.

"Would you make me more Chicken Wings if I agree?" The guild leader suddenly requested.

"Eh?" My sister turned her gaze, confused. "You liked them that much?"

"Mm." The innocent imp nodded, leaving me in the dirt.

"What are you doing?" My face expressed indescribable disbelief.

"Well, sure. I'll make another 10 for you if that's-"

"Yeah, I'd say you've only embarrassed yourself most of the time, Akashi." She spoke her dagger-like words at light speed upon having given confirmation.

"Hurk-" The sharp stab pierced my skull and poisoned my trust.

"SEE? I'm not the problem here! Even she agrees!"

"Y-Yuuki, I thought we had something together." I clenched my shirt, head spinning, posing dramatically.

"Just because I wiped some crumbs off your cheek doesn't mean anything." Her eyes darkened with a malignant grin, looking down at me. "Did you really think I wouldn't hold it against you for eating some of my chicken, even though Siune told us to share? Nothing gets in between me and my favourite dish."

Yorozu turned her head back and forth a few times between us. "What? What's going on?"

"How could you... do this?" My face met the ground as I fell, losing sight of what was real.