°•¤●Absolute Rewind●¤•°

[Chapter 47]

"We should be around Tsukimidai by now, right?"

"Yeah... after you round the corner up there, stop at the white house..."

...

These steps of mine. They're... heavy...

Ah, I see... I'm exhausted...

To recap all that has happened today;

I slept late, woke up early, ran to school, and informed the teachers regarding Yuuki's application. Then, I went to class to learn an entire chemistry chapter for two hours before eating mediocre lunch during recess. Pair that with the painful grinding of my brain on that surprise test nearing the end of the session. To top it all off, I also had to sprint for dear life on the rooftops with a high risk of falling down and dying.

All of that together has every means necessary to drain me of my energy. But somehow, I managed to tank through without issue.

What an odd series of events... I wasn't sure if I could last any longer than that. So I'm glad that things have calmed down.

Well... I say that, but I'm still a few ways to go from finding rest, currently walking through this soothing, light-hearted neighbourhood.

What a day... A tiresome journey, this was. Memories were made, friendships were built, and... I was able to share them all with her.

I'd say today was indeed a success.

The stars began to appear one after the other as I gazed up high, now that the blinding sun no longer clouded their presence. Soon, they will bloom... and I can show her just how beautiful the night sky of the universe 'really' is...

...

"Here..."

I stopped, eyes closed.

I faced my left, though hesitating to take a peek simply out of nervousness. The ice-like breeze grew more frigid by the minute, doing nothing to help me lose this lingering anxiety.

Maybe what I'm about to see, right here and now, before my eyes... would end up breaking my heart,

or, rather, hers.

I'll never be able to guess, but I got this far... so there's only one way to find out.

You can do this... right, Akashi? I'm sure you've already pieced together what this place means for her. She didn't have to say what it was.

Don't falter now. You need to stay strong and confess your sins, remember? Only then will they rest. This is for you, for her, for them.

For him...

So take a deep breath.

...

I released my sights, opening wide, and finally... silence fell upon my ears.

...

...

...